ForumsNews and FeedbackCbox on AG3?

13 7902
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

I dont know if anyone has brought this up before, but I was just wondering if we could have a Cbox for AG3? Ive seen many of these on forums and they really make the forum a much funner place. There were also Cbox mods who made sure that nobody was misbehaving in the Cboxes.

• 13 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'm gonna say by Cbox you mean "chat box"?

Tried it. Failed. Axed. The problem was the small moderation team and having to check both the community and the chat room. It was just too much of a hassle, so the chat box was destroyed.

There ARE chat rooms linked to AG but are unofficial.

Come drop by for a visit sometime!

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Okay nevermind then.

Thetoxik
Thetoxik
45 posts
Nomad

i didnt kno there were chat rooms lol

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think that chat should just be between users. Not for Ap or people would just be like:
asd:HI
wewe:lol
ron:tee hee
asd: no way
wewe:lolololol
ron:ROFL!!!

And that would be like being stranded in a room with nothing to do except ...watch daytime television!!!
Teh horrorz :O

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Good news is the future may see the return of some sort of live chat here.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Maybe cormyn can make an official post in this thread to elaborate whether this feature will be implemented in the new version of AG to come out?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Official Response: a live chat isn't something we've planned. Our new system for activities and achievements, and allowing comments on those will be more than sufficient, in my opinion.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'll be trying to lift the courtain a bit here... :P

What will that 'new system for activities and achievements' be like?

Is it something like a list of what the user has been doing and what he/she has achieved lately?
...again something like the system used in FaceBook where you have a shortlist, am I right?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it'll be a similar sort of "feed" of game activity, people submitting high scores or getting achievements, who's playing right now, that sort of thing.

We may introduce a "game reviews" area where users will be required to write a minimum number of words for a thorough game review (so we don't get short comments) as a feed, etc. And we're looking at ways to publish those bits of data as RSS feeds as well, in case you want to watch high scores for a particular game, or whatever.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I forgot to specifically answer you about user feeds, too:

Your public profile page can also show your activity as well, like which games you've played, scores you submitted, the castle you built today, etc.

We'll have filtering in place so you can pick and choose (to some degree) which pieces of information you want to see (or not), who's activity you see (or not), things like that.

@MrDayCee, If you have more questions about how the activity feeds may work, please start a new thread for it so we stay on topic here.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

But like I said, if the mods are too busy, assign chat box mods.

blastwrite5
blastwrite5
4 posts
Nomad

try again it might help to get some people to do it for u

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Folks this has already been answered ... no live chat will be implemented at this time.

Showing 1-13 of 13