ForumsSupport ForumGame saving via account.

9 9643
Speedvolt
Speedvolt
1 posts
Nomad

I'm new here and I'm just curious if our flash game save datas will work on other computers via logging in. If not, why not?

• 9 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Well, first of all then: WELCOME TO ARMOR GAMES!!! =D

Now for your question... if you play a certain game, the save data of that game will be placed on the computer you play it on at that time, not on the AG website!

So, if you want to continue playing that game on another computer, it's not possible... the other computer does not have the data required to have you continue the game where you left off, because it's simply not there...
...however, what you could do is find the save data file of that particular game, transfer it to a USB stick and download it onto the computer you want to continue playing that game!

I have a slight problem with my own explanation here... I don't know where that save data file can be found on your computer, but I'm sure another user will pick up on my answer and add the needed information on where you can find it! Ok?

Hope this was satisfying so far... now, have fun on AG! =)

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We implementing a means to store some Flash game data on our servers (think of it like "cloud storage" that's all the rage these days), but it's up to the game developer to save it on your behalf. It's been active since mid-summer of 2010.

Using this, all you need to do is be logged in to Armor Games, and play the game, and your data will save to the server. Then, when you move to another computer (or different operating system on your current computer), and log back in to the site and play the same game, the saved data should be accessible to the game where you left off.

I just talked to John, and he thinks we have about 10 games that store this information on the servers instead of your local Flash storage. If you'd like to see more games do this, feel free to bug the developers; Joey has everything very well documented for our developer tools.

randypriyatna
randypriyatna
7 posts
Nomad

i wanna know where my saved game is saved in my computer :| so i can copy it to play on another computer and not play from the beginning!!

zompig
zompig
3 posts
Nomad

sorry to jump in here but since you're talking about saving games... how come i can't do it? i've started playing raze but for some reason my profile and campaign won't save, as i understand it, it should just save on it's own right?

randypriyatna
randypriyatna
7 posts
Nomad

please can someone tell me where can i found my saved game in computer? because i must play a game from beginning when i play on another computer

bijnok
bijnok
60 posts
Baron

Hi everybody,

you can find your games' saves here:

C:\\Users\\Bijnok\\AppData\\Roaming\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\#SharedObjects\\4K26THY7\\cache.armorgames.com\\

Just use your computer search engine to find "armorgame" folder and it should be ok.

Personnaly, I use gmail to keep my files everywhere...

See you

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

A bunch of us at AG use Dropbox.com for keeping files everywhere. You get 2GB for free, and more free space when you refer friends.

As I mentioned earlier, having your saved game data on our servers depends on the game developer.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

please can someone tell me where can i found my saved game in computer? because i must play a game from beginning when i play on another computer

Honestly if you don't want to use a data storage site, such as dropbox like cormyn pointed out, you should be able to e-mail the data file from your cache to yourself as an attachment. That way you can access it from any computer just by checking your e-mail. Not effective for lots of data, but for a small file like a save game cache for flash it should be just fine.
Attie777
Attie777
1 posts
Nomad

Hi, I've been playing online and saving via cloud save on Kingdom Rush Frontiers. I just installed it on my phone as I see that Flash is disappearing end of January. Will I be able to carry on playing where I left of on the computer?

Showing 1-9 of 9