ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games v3 Should have a chat system

19 8432
XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

im not sure if this is a remake, but yeah. A instant chatting system like on facebook with those online, would be a remarkable edition for something such as this. With good direction, this could become even MORE of a social site.

• 19 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

How do you suppose it will be properly moderated? Since low moderation was one of the main causes to the axing of the chat room, how could this be counteracted in the future? More mods? Filters? Snitching?

It depends.. That isn't the worry right now though. We will come up with suggestions when they are warranted. Some sort of security is needed aside from the regular moderators. Chat moderators is the usual solution but I am not comfortable with that.
XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

I meant nothing about a live chat room im sorry guys, what i meant by this was that a facebook like feature where you click in the corner, see online peeps and can 1 on 1 chat with them if they want too.... thats what i mean not a gigantic live chat box, i agree that wouldn't work at all.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

. thats what i mean not a gigantic live chat box, i agree that wouldn't work at all.

I disagree with you.

I still support 1 on 1 chat though.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

As I've already stated in this thread, and others, a group live chat system will NOT be implemented. It's too resource-intensive.

We *may* implement a one-on-one chat, although if we implement private messages and you can share your IM handles with one another, I don't see much point in a one-on-one chat either.

The chat option is on the "low priority" list for us.

Showing 16-19 of 19