ForumsPopular MediaConvallaria art and poetry

14 2948
Convallaria
Convallaria
18 posts
Peasant

Hey everyone! I'm just looking for people to talk with about art, who your favorite artist/poet is, and reviews of a few things I've done. Feel free to post your work too!

• 14 Replies
slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

oh i like paul clay for artists (i think thats his name) because i like abstract art

Convallaria
Convallaria
18 posts
Peasant

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x433/ConvallariaStudios/?action=view&current=Wings.jpg I love van Gogh's work This is one of my drawings, done in mechanical pencil

Convallaria
Convallaria
18 posts
Peasant

I couldn't find an abstract artist named Paul Clay

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Honestly i believe the best poet has to, arguably, be Edgar Allan Poe. Though his life was a mess, his poetry is amazing and reflects what he was going through in his life.
as for artists i've never been much into art itself, but i would have to say my favorite artist would be Salvador Dali, just because his art is cool and he is a crazy man haha!

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

Though his life was a mess

*Winks at Charles Bukowski*
I think Baudelaire is a formidable symbolist, but I guess his work wouldn't have as much impact and implicit power when traduced in English.

As for the art, I'm not into it even though I actively practice it, but I think Vermeer is a decent artist. I work more in the field of pencils too Convallaria. If you visit my profile you'll have a link to my art thread if you feel like taking a peek.

For now I can't really say anything about your work since, well...

Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

*Winks at Charles Bukowski*

*Charles Bukowski attempts to start a fight*
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Personally I enjoy T.S Eliot. He is a poet I can find my own heart in, and I believe he speaks to human nature directly. He is dark, but he hides it well. Definately the poet I strive to try and reflect. As for artists? I like Da Vinci for all his clever little tricks and hidden imagery.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

*Charles Bukowski attempts to start a fight*

It's been a while since I had a laugh that good, thanks a lot Zoark.

Charles Bukowski, wasted: ''Hey, let's see if I can break your mug of beer with my colt!''

Convallaria
Convallaria
18 posts
Peasant

I enjoy Robert Frost's poetry. Some of it can get a bit long, but it turns out interesting, and alot of it compels me to think.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Hmm...for poetry, I like Edgar Allan Poe and Robert W. Service.
As for art? I'm not much one for art, but I must say, Chuck Close. His paintings are awesome, and look very realistic.

Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

Charles Bukowski, wasted: ''Hey, let's see if I can break your mug of beer with my colt!''

Ha nice. I'm going to have to dig up those books again.

*Provokes a fist fight so that he can feel his face*
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

One of my favorite artist for his incredible work with mechanical pencils and perspective is M.C.Escher.

*Provokes a fist fight so that he can feel his face*

Yet again, a good laugh...That guy...As Isaac Brock said; a pretty good read but God! Who would want to be such an asshole?

Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

As Isaac Brock said; a pretty good read but God! Who would want to be such an *******?

I was just reading 'Ham On Rye' when that song came on. Quite eerie actually.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

I like Edgar Allan Poe as a poet, but I think his prose is better. After I read the Inferno, I'd have to say that Dante (just for this one work) is an awesome poet. His terza rima structure was maintained throughout the entire story. Fascinating story, awesome structure. As for artists, I have no favorite.

Showing 1-14 of 14