ForumsNews and FeedbackWill we see a return of lost AG2 features?

7 5007
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

The name sums it up...will AG3 herald the return of features once found in AG2 but were then removed because of lag?

I'm talking about:

- Online/offline buttons on profiles (removed due to lag)
- Last online thing (caused lag)
- Users Currently Online in forums (caused lag)
- Referral system (abused for points).
- Random game (changed to webgame).
- Community search. (Inneffective)

• 7 Replies
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I would like to see the Online/offline buttons on profiles and Last online thing back.

Will they be back in AG v3?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

As far as I recall:

- online/offline will be there, but users can go "invisible" if they choose; they'll always be visible to mods/admins of course

- last online, possibly, if the user wants to display it; it will always be available to mods/admins of course

- users currently in the forums ... depends on which forum setup we choose/build

- referral system -- I'm not sure if we're going to rebuild that or not. I respect the idea of referring friends, but not for an accumulating reward

- random game, yeah, we'll probably get something like that implemented again

- search, we've covered this already... our new search engine will be look for games, users, maybe forum posts, and we may expand it (if users opt in) to search for IM handles, Xbox Live id names, etc.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Okay thanks

I am interested most to see how the Forums will pan out, personally I like the current forum design as it has a nice 'clean' look. But I guess I'll just have to wait.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Awesome , Sounds good.

I'm getting more and more info about AG v3 which is making me excited even more about it.

1,855 posts
Nomad

Haha, I hope we get this stuff back.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

I would love to have a chat box, those things really made the forum truly memorable.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I would love to have a chat box, those things really made the forum truly memorable.

Cormyn had already discussed and told us news about the chats.
Showing 1-7 of 7