ForumsNews and FeedbackAP store

35 11454
25wes25
25wes25
1,584 posts
Nomad

Hey cormyn i know you heard me say something about haveing and AP store and said it was a good idea so i want to know what others think. So i was wondering if we could do 2 bars of AP ex:
1500 spendable AP
2000 Experience AP
Or something like that. I also saw something on this forum about Karma points it could be like this:

1500 spendable AP
2000 Experience AP
50 karma points
25 forum posts
23 games rated
126 comments

like that ^

• 35 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Why does it have to be called AP Cash, or AP Credits? Can't it merely be Armor Cash, or Armor Credits?

Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

I don't think this is really a good idea because people would (possibly) spam just so they can get free stuff. I think not.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Then we find ways of cutting down spamming and sockpuppeting, or we eliminate the means of abusing this system.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

How can something virtually obtained count towards real items? We're talking about items in THE store, right? Cuz that would be terrible. If we are now talking about virtual counting towards virtual, then that's fine, if you perform it correctly.

Why must there be a different value to go towards something different? You can have AP to count for two things. In fact, it's programmable. It's like a mathematical function, where one integer can pair up with multiple integers. If you have AP to count towards the points you gain and the points you spend, there is no fuss on multiple circumstances. Everything will be simple if you have AP represent two different values or variables.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey folks. I'm gonna close this thread for the time being because we haven't discussed anything about a 'currency' within the company yet, and we don't want this to get out of hand or set up any sort of expectation or disappointment.

Showing 31-35 of 35