ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Feature] Themes

34 12409
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey all, Larry just confirmed that he's working on a way to let users modify some aspects of the look/feel of the site. It will probably be limited to some basic color changes, but we're not going all MySpace on the site.

How we unlock that for you is yet to be determined.

• 34 Replies
lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Ooh.... that'll be cool. Maybe change my page to some weird colors.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Will their be an option to set the website to minimalistic mode for fast loading?

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

What about when you select an armatatar the background of your profile will be that armatar but in more pale colors.

Ex: you go to my profile page and my background is a pale black background with a pale orange squirrel.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Themes eh? I like Prometheus's style right now. Themes aren't necessarily open to the public; only you can see your own theme scheme. With this, you can technically have whatever theme you want for your background and, unless you screenshot the theme, no one will see it and therefore have no problems with it.

Neat that we get theme schemes though

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

OH GOD YES! Cormyn I could hug you right now but you'd probably file a restraining order. I could also hug Larry but he'd probably stab me with a lance while on horseback and in medieval armor.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

BB code on profiles

that would be awsome

and i,ll have what avorne's having

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

The use of BB code on our profiles, that would be awesome

BB code on profiles

Links, Bold, and Italic are allowed. Images aren't because people would image spam their profile, causing major lag.

So will it be images? or just baisc color schemes?

Heh, you should make a AG2 theme for the people who want to keep this style.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

But BB code also allows for various colors, and effects such as strikethrough.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I want some more advanced BBCode implementation.. I'm especially wanting the strikethrough and spoiler tags. Wait, is AG3 sticking to BBCode?

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Knight - I suggested this to Corwyn in another thread and:

I think our current AG2 forum BBcode interaction was hand-coded by the guy who made the forum engine, which could explain its limited usability. Since I don't know how we're going to be revamping the forums yet, I can't really comment as to how much BBcode support there will be.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'll get some clarification from Larry at our meeting on Monday (we have a pretty busy couple of weeks coming up to get ready for closed beta).

I'm pretty sure we're NOT going to allow you to upload background images on your profile. We might let you override some CSS values to tweak your font colors, etc. but I can't say whether we'll do much in the way of BBcode.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yay! I remember making a thread asking about adding this as a feature to AG 3. A question, though; would it be just on your profile or anywhere on the site?

Voyageur
Voyageur
79 posts
Nomad

You should for sure make it so that the more AP you have the more themes you can use.

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Wait so why don't you have several colors to choose from and designs so that we can personalize our gaming and community experience?
Yeah sorry if that is to much into the whole myspace thing but I was never allowed a myspace for personal saftey reasons. I do however have a facebook. Sorry I know that was irrelavant...

I don't just mean putting random colors and making you have specific design but sprarate designs and colors.

stocky
stocky
11 posts
Nomad

yea, i like playing with the css/HTML on websites to see how much better i can make them look but im guessing this is more to do with a javascript button that edits the css for you :|

Showing 1-15 of 34