ForumsNews and FeedbackA help box for thread.

6 3482
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

What about a help box that contains help written by the creator of the thread that supplies you the needed information to write a comment (in the WEPR forum-news links, in the forum games-the rules to the game, ect.) and that follows you around the thread never mind what page of it you are.

• 6 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

This sounds overly complex for the forums. We likely wouldn't build something like this unless it gets requested a LOT.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I have to agree with Cormyn - After all, you could just put that info in the first post.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

@Avorne, it sounds like they do already in the WEPR forums, but once you leave the first page, you can't see that message any more.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

but once you leave the first page, you can't see that message any more.

Never stopped anyone from replying. Neither have 100 pages of a discussion ending with "Let's agree to disagree and move on to..." ever stopped someone from posting something relating to the topic left (while unrelated to the discussion because they haven't read any posts in the thread) two posts down from the "Please stop" one.
/Ttly unrelated, just felt like it.

I'm with Cormyn, though. It is overly complicated and people don't really care that much anyway (if they did, they would read the first post).
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

If you've been keeping up with the argument after a little while the OP becomes irrelevant anyways, and therefore this would be a lot of work for very little reward.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think that maybe there could be a new section for this in the Help ssection instead of adding this to every thread. To me, that's more realistic.

Showing 1-6 of 6