ForumsNews and FeedbackMy idea: Previews of Upcoming Games

15 4454
ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

Armor Games should add Previews of upcoming games. Agree?
Oh and a spoiler button.

• 15 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

upcoming games ... not a bad idea.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I like it, would these be games that are upcoming from AG developers or all games?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Right... have people get a little peek at what's coming soon, just like with movies/games to be released! Excellent! =D

This would be a much visited section on the front page of AG if you ask me...

jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

I think that is a wonderful idea!

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

This is indeed a great idea! Who can resist spoiler buttons?
I think it would be mostly from the AG game devs.

You could have it as a option when uploading games, or just make it a special future for the AG game developers.

angelos6
angelos6
104 posts
Farmer

sounds good

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I like this idea but people knew some games were coming out without spoilers or previews.

ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

but people knew some games were coming out without spoilers or previews.

[spoiler]This is a spoiler[/spoiler]
ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

A spoiler is a button that hides something, except if you click it, it shows what it looks like. Go to the Pivetworld community for example.

ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

would these be games that are upcoming from AG developers or all games?

All games.
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Adding this feature to AG3 could allow Game designers find beta testers easier.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

find beta testers easier.

We're already looking at ways for gamedevs to beta test their game through the web site. The SWF and such would need to be hosted elsewhere, but it should be able to give gamedevs a way to get some quick feedback from players who want to be beta testers.

I'll mention the preview idea to Dan. I'm not sure we can do previews of EVERY game, but we could certainly encourage our own gamedevs to post a screenshot now and then of what they're working on. I think Con and Joey have done this in the past.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Teasers = more players = more plays = more ads viewed = more cash, right? *nudge nudge*

I'm going to say more AG-oriented and recognized developers are going to do this, while unknown or regular ol developers won't use it, because they haven't heard of it. Either way, when a game is known, someone can ask the developer "hey, go to this link and drop us some lines! Your game will be better known!" It can work out if the conditions are right.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, the only thing with this is, and since my programming knowledge is still on the level of uber noob, I may be wrong, but Wouldn't the game have to be complete enough for it to be tested? At this point, everything would have to work, and why wouldn't the game developers just wait he few eeks to realease the game? Unless of course, you just go one part done, and realeased that. Yes...I guesse that makes since.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I suggested game movie/ game ads before too, so I would have to say this is a good idea.

Showing 1-15 of 15