ForumsNews and FeedbackMobile Forum Site

29 7669
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I understand this isn't a huge concern but I was curious if there are any plans to make a mobile version of the forums? Myself I've found the forums to be workable but not great and my phone is better than most which leads me to wonder how others on less quality devices are faring.

Also along the same lines what's the chance of being able to access my profile or the AG blog in mobile format?

• 29 Replies
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

I often find myself having to use my phone on Armor games and I don't see a problem with it.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The point isn't that they can't be accessed but that it would be easier to use if there was a version of the forums streamlined for mobile phones.

Heck, I can play most of the games on the site on my Incredible but it's a high end Android, what about the users on less powerful smart or multimedia phones?

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Heck, I can play most of the games on the site on my Incredible but it's a high end Android, what about the users on less powerful smart or multimedia phones?

I wish my Iphone had flash)=
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

whether we'll even need forums in AG3.

That had better be a joke. AG wouldn't be much fun without the occasional troll rampaging through, or Atheists and Christians going at it. Tsk.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The only reason I have persisted on AG for two years is because of the forums.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

(I can't wait until my phone plan expires and I can get an Android...)

My dad works at motorola, so I'd have to say get one of the Droids (link)
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Agreed, Knight, Holt, Frank and others that the forums keep me more active, otherwise I wouldn't log on just to play games.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

First we need to figure out whether we're migrating the current forums to AG3 or not... or whether we'll even need forums in AG3.
I'd just like to my two cents in here: Yes, we'll need forums. AG's just a gaming site without them.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, we'll have some sort of forum. We just don't know if we're starting over or whether whatever forum engine we build/implement can import the old forums, etc.

I *do* see a lot of features coming up in AG3 that may make the forums less active, but I imagine we'll still have *some* sort of forum area.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

My dad works at motorola, so I'd have to say get one of the Droids

That's something you really would not want to do, the custom overlay is garbage; if you can get an HTC phone.

I *do* see a lot of features coming up in AG3 that may make the forums less active, but I imagine we'll still have *some* sort of forum area.

I doubt it, for most of us are already active on an actual social networking site meaning that we don't really need AG to make up for that although it will improve it. New users may not come to the forums so much but the legacy's will.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Unlikely. The vast majority of us on here right now only care about the forums, as it stands. We want improvements, yes, to the interface of the various pages and some networking, but what makes this site golden is the forums. Ever seen Kong's forums? Or Newground's? To be honest, they suck. If we lost the forums, I'd doubt many of us would come around any more. I wouldn't.

Then I would an hero. WANT MY BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS?! /hyperbole joke
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Mobile forums? Yes please.

I'm a member of the CountingTime chatroom, and visit frequently. However, something happened to my IE, and I can't enable cookies, and thus cannot log onto AG. I've resorted to using my iPod for now. Mobile forums would be great, and I think would make users on AG more active.

I've resorted to using my iPod for now.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

First we need to figure out whether we're migrating the current forums to AG3 or not... or whether we'll even need forums in AG3.

OMG cormyn... seriously? :/

The only reason I have persisted on AG for two years is because of the forums.

This. The community is awesome.
bluedevil
bluedevil
542 posts
Nomad

I would like a mobile forum, but it is not a priority..... It should be released after the beta is finished.

Showing 16-29 of 29