ForumsNews and FeedbackProfile

8 3326
robowarrior
robowarrior
17 posts
Nomad

This might be a duplicate, but I was thinking it might be cool to incorporate the art, music and writing forum into the profile page. That way you could have your own, customized page, sort of like myspace. Just a thought.

• 8 Replies
latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

good thought, but if it whould be made, armorgames server whould be much slower.

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

cormyn mentioned in this thread:

When I referred to MySpace, I was referring to MySpace profiles that had blinky animated backgrounds or blinky text all over the place or color schemes that made it nearly impossible to read.
Depending on how we implement this as a feature, we might give users the ability to turn off other users' themes, so they can see a more uniform experience as they look at user profiles.
The themes/colors you set up would likely be hard-coded for launch, maybe a dozen or so (quantity subject to change) and we may expand out after that. We would NOT allow custom CSS/HTML/Javascript, because it could interfere with how the site itself operates.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

A forum on your profile? I'm not sure if you mean a forum like the one you're on right now or if you mean something else, but your profile has a comment wall.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

I honestly dont see the need for a forum on your profile... and it would also make everything very slow.

robowarrior
robowarrior
17 posts
Nomad

I dont mean an actual forum, just a page to put your music and art onto. there people could comment and stuff. not a place for huge conversations, just a personal page.

atomicsquid1
atomicsquid1
22 posts
Nomad

that would be very cool. but i think unnecessary. there are lots of other sites where you can go crazy with customization. you can just do it there.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

It would just lag the site. I don't think putting music, art, and all that fancy stuff would be a good idea.

As I said, it would just lag the site.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already said that customizing your profile will start with simple color changes and nothing else. We're working on a way to showcase art/music/etc on another area of the site, which you're welcome to link to from your profile page.

Showing 1-8 of 8