ForumsNews and Feedback[dup] Thumbs Up

13 5025
PenguinThrower
PenguinThrower
25 posts
Nomad

Add thumbs up feature for comment. So you can thumbs up people's coment. Just like in Youtube.

• 13 Replies
robowarrior
robowarrior
17 posts
Nomad

sounds pretty good. that way you could also pick who gets a merit (if they keep them).

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

I've heard that you were able to vote who you think deserved merits a
long time ago but ppl used to vote their friends who sometimes didn't deserve a merit which ended up with ppl getting 20 merits. So they stop cause it wasn't fair to the ppl who deserved merits getting squat and the ppl who don't deserve it getting loads of merits cause of their popularity on the site and not for the comments.

latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

i dont think its good.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

We used to have the "vote up" button, but it was removed. I know your suggestion is different, but it's still similar enough in the sense that it can easily

but ppl used to vote their friends who sometimes didn't deserve a merit which ended up with ppl getting 20 merits. be abused.

Not quite. All the "vote up" button did was make text slightly larger. It didn't automatically give you a merit; the mods still had to come by and award the comment a merit, if they thought it was deserving enough. The reason it was removed was because people were voting their own comments up (there was no way for mods to know who voted up which comments).
atomicsquid1
atomicsquid1
22 posts
Nomad

i think that would be a fun thing to have. and say you get 20 thumbs up, you could get like 5 AG points. does that make sense?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I think we're all forgetting that even on YouTube, you can vote up your own comments hundreds of times. I doubt AG would be able to prevent that from happening if YouTube can't.

and say you get 20 thumbs up, you could get like 5 AG points. does that make sense?

Vote your comment up 1000 times and you get 250 points. Yes, you'd be banned, but it would still take spamming to an entirely new level.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Maybe thumbs up on the forums, where you don't get merits. Also, I'm pretty sure AG3 won't have merits.

atomicsquid1
atomicsquid1
22 posts
Nomad

think we're all forgetting that even on YouTube, you can vote up your own comments hundreds of times. I doubt AG would be able to prevent that from happening if YouTube can't.

oh, sorry i don't have a youtube account. xP i didn't know you could thumbs up you comment over and over again. i still think it would be a neat idea if it all worked out well.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Joe

AG3 will count one's game reviews though.

UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

i saw a realy old thred with a vote up button

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I'd want thumbs up/down buttons, just to show AG what I think of such comments without saying in my replies "I agree/disagree with X,Y,Z". Thumbs up may affect the karma of the user's comment, but only in large amounts. Thumbs up shouldn't affect the reviews on whether or not he or she gets a merit.

TikTokToo1
TikTokToo1
95 posts
Nomad

No no, that's a terrible idea. Has anyone read the types of comments there are on Youtube? Everyone's a being thumbs up w***e. Here, it will be the same thing. It would look like this:

iwantthumbsup: thumbs up if you (x)(y)

see? Especially when you get AP for getting thumbs up. It promotes spam. Sorry, but a thumbs up/down system might not work out.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I believe the "rewards" for high thumbs up will have to be substantial. If the requirements are high enough, I doubt the user will work to just have a comment faved.

Showing 1-13 of 13