ForumsNews and FeedbackAuto lock

9 3287
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think that threads that have not been replied to for so long could be locked automatically if they aren't responded to after maybe 2 months or so.

• 9 Replies
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

nah then wouldn't that take out a bunch of the mods jobs

Larmus
Larmus
351 posts
Nomad

What would mods do then? Chill?

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

nah then wouldn't that take out a bunch of the mods jobs

I don't think the mods are payed.
What would mods do then? Chill?

No, they would do everything else they normally do, but if threads auto locked, people wouldn't go back and bring old threads back.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Auto lock threads? Or...profile comments? That seems more worthwhile. Why reply many times when you know that person is gone?

No, they would do everything else they normally do, but if threads auto locked, people wouldn't go back and bring old threads back.

There is a difference between reviving and necroing. Reviving is trying as much as you can to save the life of a thread that's still holding on, while necroing is bringing a dead thread back to life with primitive methods.

While threads do go on in months, reviving them is totally legit, within reason. Sometimes making a new thread to cover the old one with many replies to it is just a waste of infinite space.
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

I don't think the mods are payed

der but they need to keep the site clean and if they can't lock threads anymore stupid threads would be around forever
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

But some forums get very inactive, and 2 months old could still be on the front page.

You should be able to lock your own threads.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

You should be able to lock your own threads.

Maybe with a specific alignment requirement in AG3. Anyone with negative or 0 alignment wouldn't be trusted enough with this power.

Any thoughts of the auto-lock profile I suggested above?
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yes, your idea is good.

Maybe with a specific alignment requirement in AG3. Anyone with negative or 0 alignment wouldn't be trusted enough with this power.

It would have to be using forum posts or merits...
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Locking threads is the smallest portion of being a moderator. But there isn't much use for a tool like this.

Showing 1-9 of 9