ForumsNews and FeedbackAuto-Name Quote

3 3027
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Probably nothing too big to worry about. I feel that in the new website, when quoting, the username automatically gets set in the said quote. This is to eliminate minor confusion and what others may even consider plagiarism.

[quote=Freakenstein]And yes, I know we can just do this. What I'm stressing is that the quote automatically do this. We have certain BBCode buttons, and others we have to figure out on our own by either experimentation or by the grapevine.[/quote]

Just thought it'd catch a few of you guys out there. I heard of expanding the use of BBCode that we have, but wasn't sure if this was part of it.

• 3 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Actually when I want to quote something I just copy and paste the text, so I don't think a site can be able to check who wrote the text you copied, so probably we need a "quote" button under EVERY comment in the forums and I don't know if it's possible.
If there is another way to quote feel free to post your whole repertory of "you fail" pics.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

[quote=Gaboloth]Actually when I want to quote something I just copy and paste the text[/quote]

It's simply more efficient if you include the quote, to eliminate confusion as to which text is and isn't yours, plus the name of the user who said the quote, so you can be checked if you took anything out of context. It makes the forums run smoothly, methinks.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we'll work on something like that with the quote system.

Showing 1-3 of 3