ForumsWEPR[necro] Poo

25 19536
BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Poop everyone does it and all we do is waste it, but what if we recycled it? The Japenese have been recycling poo by extracting protein and mixing it with soya and flavouring it with steak sauce, with the end result being a "sh*t burger".

My question is do you think that all countrys should be developing somesort of recycle program, if done correctly if could really take over the beef industy and stop the use of cattle which contribute to the green house gas effect for all you hardcore enviromentilists, also would you eat it, and what other products do you think we could use to make poo, the Chinese are already making bricks and glass from it, Personaly I wouldn't have a problem with eating poo steak.
Source:

• 25 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

quoted from the site:

Due to expensive research costs, the meat substitute is priced around 10 to 20 times higher than regular meat,

Yeah because instead of say 8 dollars for my steak i wanna pay 120 dollars for the same amount!!!! wow, that is so cost-effective.

if done correctly if could really take over the beef industy

*industry

1. something called Lobbyists??? i doubt the companies would even consider letting them into their markets
2. Even if this " sh!tburger" did gain a portion of the beef industry, not everyone would even eat it,just as some people won't eat chicken off the bone (because they know it was the chicken's bones while alive).
3. as sarcastically mentioned before, not cost-effective.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Hmm...I'm all for progression but I like my shi*t exactly where it is.

Also I'm not sure if I would ever be able to eat again, knowing that there was a chance something that had passed through another humans body, eurgh!

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Yeah because instead of say 8 dollars for my steak i wanna pay 120 dollars for the same amount!!!! wow, that is so cost-effective.
not at the moment but if commerical research was done their would be a cheaper way.

something called Lobbyists???

Everything product has one.

Even if this " sh!tburger" did gain a portion of the beef industry, not everyone would even eat it,just as some people won't eat chicken off the bone (because they know it was the chicken's bones while alive).
3. as sarcastically mentioned before, not cost-effective.

It has to be intoduced into the market unkown just like geneticaly modified meat people won't know the difference.
crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

you cant use human crap as fertiliser, only herbivores like orses and cows......

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Aren't there these special toilets in Japan or China where they experiment with collecting the gases of excrements and using that gas for stuff? If this would be installed in every new or renovated appartment it could maybe contribute a part, though not much really.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I think that using crap for food is currently a waste of research. They should use it for compost. Genetically enhanced compost. Not sure where i'm going with this.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

you cant use human crap as fertiliser, only herbivores like orses and cows......

If I remember correctly it had something to do with the Ph. It would seem it can be used if treated properly.
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

hamburger, cheeseburger and now brand new mc donalds sh!tburger

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

now brand new mc donalds sh!tburger

Like I said on page 1
"I bet they taste better then McDonald's."
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I think what he meant by human feces is that wastes products from meat grow more bacteria and is potentially more dangerous.

Also, everything tastes better than McD's

Showing 16-25 of 25