ForumsNews and FeedbackI Dont Know What to Call This

9 3552
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

there could be a thing on the front page that tells you things going on like Player just added UnlimitedDragon to his/her friend list or Player just entered the top 100 things like that about us gamers

• 9 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

This could be in reference to following and automatic updates that AG3 will be having in the future, where it will show the user if another is following them. As for adding to the friends list, that will be purely mutual, so yeah, you would have already known if someone added you! This thread should cover it:

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our activity feed will hold information like that, though I doubt we'll show too many activities in the way of "SomeoneYouDontKnow just became friends with SomeoneElseYouDontKnow" ... we *may* do it if one of them is a friend of yours.

High scores, shared game content, achievements, etc., will all end up in the activity feed, and users will be able to comment on them.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If we do have some kind of activity feed, will there be a way to filter it (or turn it off) if we don't want to be notified of certain things (or anything at all)?

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

That sounds cool. I don't care if people think this is too much like a social network, I think it's important that the site change.

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

I agree with Joe96 because these features are mostly for the community which means it's a benefit for all the users in AG

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Ernie15, Yes, you'll have the ability to filter it.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

yeah there should be an update list so people can write things to get people noticing them

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if Larry has plans to allow users to just post general notes, like a facebook status message, and allow other users to comment on it. As I understand it, the activity feed is going to be more about high scores, achievements, new shared game content, etc, and users will comment on those (if they choose).

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm not sure if Larry has plans to allow users to just post general notes, like a facebook status message,

Doesn't a profile's about cover that allready?

Of course, people can't comment on it, but still...
Showing 1-9 of 9