ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest 2! Theme: Sleeping

137 45874
C_is_for_Cookie
C_is_for_Cookie
713 posts
Nomad

[quote=Zophia in the First Animation Contest]Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!
Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program (Pivot is allowed). It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen![/quote]

First Theme will be: Balloon Darts

Just show someone/thing popping a balloon with a dart in any possible way.

I'll judge (unless someone else would like to), and no offense but I don't want a noob judging.

Deadline: November 12th

Good luck kiddos!

• 137 Replies
KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

My decision to judge this Sunday stands...If anyone has any last minute changes to their animation they should do it today or saturday.

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Nahhh....i will leave mine as it is.

Oh, and can the next theme be about aliens?

I'm thinking of doing a 'beam' effect next time.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Wait, let me finish mine, I was about to finish, but it crashed before I saved. Gimme like 10 minutes.

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Ummmm.....kk.

Do it as long as you like.

Still got till sunday.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Lol, I was thinking today was sunday. Haha my bad.
http://www.fileize.com/files/9a05447c/892/camp.swf

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Hmm, wrong link.
CLICK HERE

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Nice!

All smooth and all.

But umm....it kinda looks like the fire is touching the stick guy...

Oh well. Nice entry!

I bet it wins first place.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Oh, yeah the fire does look funny. Oh well, thanks for the compliments. I really like the physics on the wood, to me they look almost perfect.

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Hmm...do you know how to keep it fast as a gif?

Because i do anims at 33 fps but when i save them as a gif. it looks like 20 fps...

Do you know how to keep it at 'smooth' and not laggy?

Ty

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

No, when an image is saved as a .gif, it automatically converts back to 16-19 fps.

Are you using pivot?

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

Yep.

Pivot 3.1 Beta.

Oh, and do you have to pay to use Flash?

And if you don't, where can you get it??

Oh, and about the fps, i wonder how iMogwai makes his anims smooth as a gif..

Hmmm...

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I don't know if you want to make games (you need flash cs5 699$) or just animations (don't know if there's a version without actionscript, I think yes) but all adobe stuff have a 30 days free trial so if you try to learn to use it BEFORE downloading it you should be able to do something in 30 days.

TheLastGamer
TheLastGamer
204 posts
Nomad

Jdogg do you use tweens?

puppyguy1
puppyguy1
274 posts
Nomad

K, Thanks.

Hmmm....isn't it Sunday today?

I thought we're supposed to see who won today...

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Why can't I see anything on the 7th page?

Showing 46-60 of 137