ForumsThe TavernCoolest Word!

269 47395
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

What is the coolest word for you mine is Missisipi. Is that how you spell it. Any ways what is your favourite or coolest word just say it.

• 269 Replies
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Another cool word I like is "Massachusetts". It is awesome to speak it.

caffeine101
caffeine101
87 posts
Nomad

"kimchee" because you can say this instead of "cheese" when you are taking pictures.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

i have to agree w/ the op... Mississippi is awesome ;-D

kimchee

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/242/3/6/young_chowder_and_kimchi__by_zurrr-d2xmyr0.png

a word that always make me laugh inside when i reads it...
Golgi Apparatus - tis the name of a cell organelle

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

a few more words I've thought of...

Rhododendron

Colonoscopy (seen a few... disgusting yet oddly fascinating at the same time)

Diencephalon

peduncle

gracilis

trochanter

masseter

penumbra

tabernacle

scuppernong

schlera

SILENCEikillu91138
SILENCEikillu91138
38 posts
Nomad

pladatudinus :3 its a real word. it means boring. heheheh that words not boring though! haha pladatudinus!

tangramfool
tangramfool
128 posts
Peasant

Messerschmit
one of the german planes in WW2
or you COULD pronounce it

MESHERSCHMIT

oh so fun to say...

PoetryHere
PoetryHere
73 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if it's a real word or not, but I just say it a lot, and it is...

confuzzled

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I don't think I can fit the word here because, it is 1,185 letters long. It is a chemical; Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dalemense Strain.It's odd that they need a name that long for one thing. You can find it here. [url=http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_longest.html]

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post. Here is the link.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

not a real word. longest word has 45 letters. some people also believe in this word that is over 180,000 letters long its a name for a protein titin. LIES! longest word is: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis and the longest word ever to appear in a book(author made it up, but author is famous and respected) is Lopado­temacho­selacho­galeo­kranio­leipsano­drim­hypo­trimmato­silphioÂ&shyarao­melito­katakechy­meno­kichl­epi­kossyphoÂ&shyhattoÂ&shyerister­alektryon­opte­kephallio­kigkloÂ&shyeleio­lagoio­siraio­baphe­traganoÂ&shyterygon

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

Phantasmagorical. It means dreamy or stuff in dreams, I think. And it sounds awesome.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

i still hold sesquipedality is the BEST! It means the usage of long words. ironic, huh?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

i still hold sesquipedality is the BEST! It means the usage of long words. ironic, huh?

It's a fun one, but I tend to fancy the adjective form sesquipedalian rather than the noun.

Anyway, phantasmagoria is a good one as mentioned up there . . . crystalline and ephemeral are also awesome, as is pleonasm.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I rather like the terms "anthropophagy"(gross, but fun to say), "Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia"(for the irony), and of course bibliobibuli, which is just too much fun to say.
Also; try saying "I wish for an Irish wristwatch" five times fast.

Ismcm
Ismcm
17 posts
Nomad

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Fear of long words
THAT WAS MINE!!!!!!!!!

Trisedekaphobia. fear of 13
Showing 181-195 of 269