ForumsForum GamesA new forum game by:Secretmapper

20 3162
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

If you know me, then you probably know that forum games I make are complex and non-linear. So, I just receive a message from somebody to revive a forum game I made. It is this:
Country survival

Since this is a remake, I will like to hear from you. What do you think would be best additions to the game to make it more enjoyable?

I have been thinking of making it ancient. THis would make the game easier to manage, as only basic needs like food and water are needed.

BUT, modern warfare seems exciting. Though, it is harder to manage, like the one in the past forum game.

All suggestions are accepted

• 20 Replies
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Time suggestions: Ancient (greek, roman?), Medieval (late), Modern warfare, Fantasy (You can think of something )

A reputation system: Is your country trustworthy? Is it reliable as an ally? Will it help me when I need help? How strong is the country currently? How rich is it? Etc etc....
(you can easily base this on the actions, a lot of war means untrustworthy, mainly trying to ally, trade and defend makes more trustworthy.... ETC.

Trade. Countries should have certain specialities, for example, spicific minerals. They should be able to exploit this for trade.

Disasters

Battles: Detailed descriptions of tactics and counter tactics.

Hope this helps some. I haven't played the previous version, but this is what I think would help.

Personally, the ancient or medieval, and maybe the fantasy time stages aren't exactly easier. It's more primitive, but they need to develop. Military tactics differ each stage aswell.

Democracy: if you get voted away, you should still be able to participate, for example, as a minister of defense (if you went well military, but not at economy).

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

add ons

types of government
monarchy
dictatorship
democracy
etc. all with their own advantages and disadvantages

also internal problems like if your country is always going to war a new group develops and battles your own army for peace

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Healmeal nice suggestions.

Maybe random events like acts of sabotage or protests or a coup somthing like that, also population happyness or maybe election percentage, prisons should be a factor aswell. Global Terror threat maybe. Each country should start wiht a perk or somthing like that maybe like mass produce tanks without iron somthing like that.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

also internal problems like if your country is always going to war a new group develops and battles your own army for peace

Rebellion. They should also be able to take a PART of your country only, and create an independent state. If a state has been taken over, it's people will try to take it over, unless the attacker supresses the population enough, for example with it's armies and dreaded lords, or make the people like the new chivalrous rulers.

Traits: Your military commanders and governors (or atleast the top of these, and maybe more, like diplomats) should be able to gain traits based on what they do. A ruler that protects it's people, will for example lead to a shiny knight, who inspires people to fight for him, and that also increases morale. You can also pillage your own people, which gives dread, which supresses the population, decrease the growth, but for example, stills fear into the enemy soldiers.

Each country should start wiht a perk or somthing like that maybe like mass produce tanks without iron somthing like that.

Like I said, countries ought to develop specialities when not going to war with everyone they come across.

Maybe random events like acts of sabotage or protests or a coup somthing like that, also population happyness or maybe election percentage,

Makes the game complex, but alot better, and it will require skill and tactics to keep your people either on your side or supressed to "support" you. Best suggestion there is

This can be taken in with the happiness factor. Being tired of war decreases morale and happiness, but increases experience and stuff like that

Strategy: People shouldn't only use strategy's on military fronts, but also on economy etc... They could also "hire" or elect secondary players to join a certain country, and for example, the first one leads everything a bit in general, a second one gains huge might in the military, the other is like the diplomat etc.... That way, players can make themselves usefull and work together in 1 country.
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the suggestions. Those were great.

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Maybe a world economic status.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Maybe a world economic status.

It's mainly based on countries. If you have a trade agreement with a neighbour with a crysis, then you will feel that aswell. If you're (still) isolated, you won't feel a thing.
BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Trade items should be split up into five catigories so it is easy to regulate prices.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

What do you think is the best time for the game huh?

Time suggestions: Ancient (greek, roman?), Medieval (late), Modern warfare, Fantasy (You can think of something )

The problem with modern warfare is WMD. They would make someone win indefinitely. We could also try ancient times, but with magic. Or Medieval, that would be controlling trade routes and such.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

but with magic

Like I suggested, fantasy. It works well, but you'll have to control player's magic that way. Older players of your game have to be more powerfull, as a loyalty reward. Yet, they shouldn't be able to instantly destroy the world or anything.

Defending trade routes and establishing is good, but medieval isn't all about that.

@ ben: Weapons, armor, building (materials), food, other?
Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

There should also be karma.If you do war you get bad karma and if you do peace and economic(Legal economic)you gain good karma.
Also there should be evolving which will unlock better weapons,better trades and even tech.About tech you should be able to research stuff like metal wheel which increases stuff with wheels to go faster on bad terrain(Doesnt include in the modern age).

There should be 5 ages.They are:

Dark Age:When people were almost fully evolved.
Middle Age:People have fully evolved.
Metal Age:When Man discovered metal.
Modern Age:When guns,explosives and cars were invented.
Future Age:When Man came to the peak of evolution.Travel to space and have laser guns and Uber Tanks.Best trade avalible too.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

i think you should stick to one age and the karma system seems useless

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Dark Age:When people were almost fully evolved.
Middle Age:People have fully evolved.
Metal Age:When Man discovered metal.
Modern Age:When guns,explosives and cars were invented.
Future Age:When Man came to the peak of evolution.Travel to space and have laser guns and Uber Tanks.Best trade avalible too.

also the ages are way off man discovered metal way before the dark age
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

I agree with loco. The more ages, the more confusion. Also, the game would be much harder to play, for no gain. It also loses it's realism, as YOU are the leader of your country. We would die once too, right?

Sporemaniac777
Sporemaniac777
1,373 posts
Nomad

More ages would not be fair too. There may be some "Veteran gamers" already in the future age, and they could simply go and kill many, many "Noob" countries, still in the stone age. And if you would want to lead your country from the beginning of civilization to the future, you would have to be a god, and there are more "God games" already.

Showing 1-15 of 20