ForumsGamesSo where's the flamethrower? (Last Stand 2 related)

8 3906
NXSRX
NXSRX
1 posts
Nomad

Hi, I'm a long-time fan of The Last Stand, and so I was absolutely thrilled when The Last Stand 2 was announced. Having played through it, I began to wonder about the weapons. See, I've always been interested in the deleted weapons from the first one (the grenades and the Minime) and I was glad to see them finally implemented into TLS2. Now, on Con Artist's Armorblog post, he indicated that there were five new weapons. The Traps are separate items, and all I managed to find were the compound bow, RPG launcher, Minime, and hand grenades. What was the fifth weapon? I wondered to myself. So I dug around the .swf file and found not one, but TWO possibilities. The first, and less likely, is an auto-shotgun. There is a sound file called auto-shotgun, which, obviously, plays the sound of an auto-shotgun firing. There's also a sprite showing off a shotgun-looking weapon that doesn't match anything in the game. The other, and more probable, weapon is a flamethrower. I base this on the fact that there are graphics of a can of bug spray, a hand held lighter, and an animation of flame particles.

So my question is, why wasn't this implemented in the game? Or if it was, is it possible to get it, and no one has figured it out yet?

• 8 Replies
bbyers9113
bbyers9113
283 posts
Nomad

That is a really good question. They might not have implemented it into the game simply because of the lack of effectiveness of a flamethrower in a massive zombie attack. To quote The Zombie Survival Guide, "What's worse than a horde of zombies? A horder of zombies on fire." But then again, who says games have to make sense.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Well if it is in the game you would have to unlock it because I went to Every town in every building and there was no flamethrower. Someone even made a thread that had a picture of all the weapons.

I think that it wasnt put in the game because it was either too powerful or too determental if the zombies got through your barrier like eddie and bbyers9113 said.

ChucksCarryout
ChucksCarryout
13 posts
Nomad

i hope theres one!i have a titleThe Legend of Last Stand.maybe there could be a a game lol

webb987
webb987
46 posts
Nomad

i dont really think there is 1 but if u could try this i havent ever and it might work just maybe becaus e ok well here it is ok start by going over the 40 day limit and then go to the last place union city and maybe u can fight off the zombie hordes thereand maybe theres a weapons place where u can find the flamthrower if there is can u tel me whoever figures out because i wanna know i wanna try to get it myself and see how good one would be

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

thats not possible. if you go over the 40 day limit its says you couldn't make union city. you missed the boat. and so as your chances of survival.

Ironklown
Ironklown
33 posts
Nomad

wow thats a good question lol i have no idea!

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

A flamethrower would be good and may be as efficient as the chainsaw when the zombies are too close.

AlphaWolf116
AlphaWolf116
19 posts
Nomad

bbysers and eddie are right the flamethrower would help zombie and not you so yea. and hey if there is a thrid (Doubt it) than it might be in there.

Showing 1-8 of 8