ForumsProgramming ForumWebsite headers and Titles

7 3877
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Hi.

Ok, I am taking another attempt at making a website witha good design.
This time though I have planned the entire thing thoroughly with the help of Microsoft office visio and oneNote 2010. Currently I only have back ground, but I need 7 images in the style of header images. 6 for page titles and 1 as the site's header.

The website is about car photoshopping(see here) and i would like to ask if you know where I could find images suitable to convert to this kind of image(with authors permission) or allow me to use your own works. Any contributors will be credited in the image

• 7 Replies
cacagrande1310
cacagrande1310
32 posts
Nomad

i dont know men sorry

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Can we step back, what are you even doing with Visio and Onenote? I've never heard of using them for making for web-pages or design. Why don't you just read a book on design and use css?

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

visio and onenote is for planning th ewebsite. It pretty much says in every web design book to plan before you make it or it will fail(i have personal experience of that.

Visio is for diagrams like the website architecture. or some other structure.

one note is for the writing. it's better than word because it contains tabs pages and stuff in one file.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

oh and i have read books on css and web design

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yeah planning is good but it seems to me your going a bit over the top.
Your going to have to see how much you can actually do before you start making some grand designs. I would recommend make a really quick design in like paint and try to replicate it. The next time make a harder design and go on from there.

Exitter
Exitter
24 posts
Nomad

Well if u want to create a good designed website you may try wix
Wix.com

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

We was talking about writing his own website not having something produce it for him. Also wordpress is a better hosting service which give you a impressive amount for control if you financially invest in it.

Showing 1-7 of 7