ForumsGame WalkthroughsPandemic 2 Walkthrough

9 6125
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

This is how I beat the game; it worked for me, and hopefully it will work for you, as well.

Step 1: Starting The Game
A. Game Type: This strategy works fine in Realistic, although it will probably do in Relaxed as well. Basically, this is down to personal preference.
B. Disease Type: Virus. I haven't tried the strategy as a Parasite or as a Bacteria.
C. Disease Name: Fill in anything you want. If you're having trouble coming up with a cool name, try taking your first name, changing it a little bit, adding "son" to the end, then "disease"(unless your name ends with "on" or "un&quot. So for example...
Matthew -> Matheson -> Matheson's Disease
You could also try changing it to a different language; Latin works especially well. For example...
Death Human Disease -> Nexhumanus Morbus
Anything with "itis", Syndrome, etc. will also work just fine, but again, these are only suggestions to make you sound cool.

Step 2: Getting Started
A. The first thing you want to do is sell the symptom you start out with. Throughout this part, you should have no symptoms at all.
B. It's easiest to set the speed to maximum, however if you want you can keep it at a lower speed.
C. Wait for a while, until you get a good amount of disease points. 30 or more should do the trick.
D. Level up all your resistances except Drug to Level II(2).

Step 3: Preparation
A. While you're waiting for your disease to start catching on, you can unlock symptom tiers but do not buy any symptoms.
B. If you start out with a symptom after unlocking a symptom tier(i.e. depression after unlocking Tier 3) immediately sell it. The best way to do this is not to unlock a tier until you have more than enough points to do so, that way if you do start out with a symptom, you can sell it immediately.
C. Do not level up Moisture/Heat/Cold resistance, but level up Drug Resistance all the way to Level IV(4).

Step 4: Annihilation
A. By this point, you should have infected at least most of the world(Madagascar is hard, but keep trying). In addition, the world has almost inevitably started to research a vaccine.
B. To deal with the vaccine, it's best to start picking symptoms. The best kind are the ones that are dangerous but also expose others to the disease; hemorrhaging is a good choice for this.
C. As the world's hospitals shut down, progress on the vaccine will stop. This gives you carte blanche to pick any symptoms you would like.
D. At this point, you should have infected almost the entire world. Start picking the most lethal symptom combos you can; hypersensitivity is a great one if you have other symptoms, pulmonary edema is fairly good and cheap, kidney, heart, and liver failure are excellent choices though expensive, and the same goes for encephalitis.
E. Wait for everyone to die.

• 9 Replies
cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

nice very nice you put some hard work into this, but its too complicated on how to play. FOR ME it is

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

nice very nice

Thank you very much.

you put some hard work into this

Not really, I just played the game a few times, beat it, and wrote something up quickly.

but its too complicated on how to play.

How would you recommend I simplify it?
UPDATE.

Step 2: Getting Started
A. The first thing you want to do is sell the symptom you start out with. Throughout this part, you should have no symptoms at all.
B. It's easiest to set the speed to maximum, however if you want you can keep it at a lower speed.
C. Wait for a while, until you get a good amount of disease points. 30 or more should do the trick.
D. Level up all your resistances except Drug to Level II(2). This can also be Level I(1) if you want to go it safe, but it will take a very long time, so be ready to wait.

Step 3: Preparation
A. While you're waiting for your disease to start catching on, you can unlock symptom tiers but do not buy any symptoms, and see 3C for further instruction.
B. If you start out with a symptom after unlocking a symptom tier(i.e. depression after unlocking Tier 3) immediately sell it. The best way to do this is not to unlock a tier until you have more than enough points to do so, that way if you do start out with a symptom, you can sell it immediately.
C. Do not level up Moisture/Heat/Cold resistance, but level up Drug Resistance all the way to Level IV(4). Do this immediately, before you begin unlocking symptom tiers.
logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

Nice walkthrough, will have to try it.

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I always infect countries, but then the people I infected die and I the disease gets lost

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I always infect countries, but then the people I infected die and I the disease gets lost

That's why you immediately sell your symptom, then infect everybody, then start getting symptoms again.

Thank you, and good luck.
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

I've gotten every country except Madagascar. Madagascar is the only one with people still alive and healthy. Curse you, Madagascar.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

It's a pretty cool walk through, but I think that Madagascar is just about impossible to get to...

Larethian
Larethian
1 posts
Peasant

Madagascar was my third country, but i never get Australia and New Zealand

Showing 1-9 of 9