ForumsNews and FeedbackEasier managment of your "about" page

9 3281
magma_claw
magma_claw
51 posts
Nomad

A lot of our information is mixed with our personal clip art or our free ridermaps code so maybe our "about" page can be classified into different sections like, a hyperlink for information, another for clip art, and another one for game codes? That way our "about&quotage wouldnt look so messy? Idk

• 9 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Yeah, the About page can get pretty messy. That gives you plenty of reasons to start using your BBCode knowledge and getting to work! Check out mine. See how I use both symbols and BBcode to "separate" my About page from my personal statuses to links to the community? That makes everything much neater and easier to look at.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What you could do is make a thread in the Art, music and writing Forum for your art, but I don't know if that's allowed and you would probably have other users copying your art...

...and another thread in the Flash games Forum for your game codes!

This way you would have a different place to store your items and only need to place two links in your about directing them to your threads!

Btw, if you need another example of a profile's about, you're more than welcome to check out my about!

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

You could do what the other two suggested.

Honestly I don't think you would need to classify your about into sections. Just put links to your things so your about will be less messier. You could always put line breaks also.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

What you could do is make a thread in the Art, music and writing Forum for your art, but I don't know if that's allowed and you would probably have other users copying your art...

...and another thread in the Flash games Forum for your game codes!

The AMW forum for posting your AMW is allowed, but the flash games forum for codes is not. An AMW thread is like a showcase, a gallery, showing others what you have created. You can make a thread (if ones haven't been made!) about game codes and you can share with other users, but I don't think you can make one specifically for yourself. I mean, you can try, but you can't really force the users to not contribute. The mods will probably rename the thread if that happens.

So the AMW threads are protected, while the flash game threads are not. I like to post my codes in Notepad.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

bios,bios,bios! what is up with bios all the time! XD
i realy think you should just make lines to seperate it all! or post links! but some people will not click on links (i don't it slows my computer down, and ya don't now what is going to happen when i click it!).

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

but the flash games forum for codes is not

It would be the best way to have people share their personally created levels of the games that support that... maybe have a separate forum then for posting the levels would be an option?

And then they have a way to leave those codes out of their about, making it less heavy on the eyes!

bios,bios,bios! what is up with bios all the time! XD
i realy think you should just make lines to seperate it all! or post links!

That's what a lot (not all, but me for example) users do to make a better overview of their profile's about! Still... the fact remains, that everyone has the choice to do with his own about how he/she sees fit! (all according to AG ground rules of course...)

but some people will not click on links (i don't it slows my computer down, and ya don't now what is going to happen when i click it!).

That's why (in IE anyway) an example of the link you hover above with your cursor, is shown in the left bottom corner of your browser... right there is where you can see if there's something 'odd' with the link in question!
*hinting to those 'minddistortion' lovers everywhere* :P
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

That's why (in IE anyway) an example of the link you hover above with your cursor, is shown in the left bottom corner of your browser... right there is where you can see if there's something 'odd' with the link in question!
*hinting to those 'minddistortion' lovers everywhere* :P

neat! i should now that *hand hits head* !

That's what a lot (not all, but me for example) users do to make a better overview of their profile's about! Still... the fact remains, that everyone has the choice to do with his own about how he/she sees fit! (all according to AG ground rules of course...)

i know. it is just that there is a lot of "such n such about bios" topics. i kinda do it to LOL XD
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

neat! i should now that *hand hits head* !

Don't hit yourself too hard there... there are always people around that have those special abilities to 'html something into a nice shiny daimond, when it's actually a rotten apple', if you know what I mean...

Best thing to do is get a nice and good virus scanning programm and make sure you have secured that at your end of the line. And then it's always a risk when going out into the wide open world called internet... so it's basically: "No pain, no gain" here!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We might be shortening the biography field to 1,024 bytes. And we've already talked about a place to post art work for feedback (images and games must be hosted on a separate service like imageshack or something).

I doubt we're going to get into building "sections" of your profile for you to edit. We're not aiming to be the next big social network. Post a link to your Facebook profile or something, and put hobby/etc information over there.

Showing 1-9 of 9