The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3744220
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Hyper, imagine that your husband was taken hostage, you went to go make the money drop, then two *****es stopped you and said they won't let you save your husband's life. Now imagine that you eventually save your husband, then the two *****es move into the same house as you and your husband.
Hyper, email.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Hyper, imagine that your husband was taken hostage, you went to go make the money drop, then two *****es stopped you and said they won't let you save your husband's life. Now imagine that you eventually save your husband, then the two *****es move into the same house as you and your husband.

Drake didn't stop him from saving Neri, he held him in one spot for about 15 minutes while they chatted, then both Rem and Drake helped him rescue her. Remember?
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Hey, we helped.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Alright, let me rephrase one part of that.
They stopped you from saving your husband because they were told to kill the kidnapper. They don't care whether he lives or dies as long as that guy dies.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

They stopped you from saving your husband because they were told to kill the kidnapper. They don't care whether he lives or dies as long as that guy dies.

But again, they didn't stop Mord! Drake held Mord in one place for about 15 minutes, they talked, then Drake let Mord go.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

E: "SHE WAS RIGHT ****ING NEXT TO ME!!!!! WHERE THE **** IS SHE!?!?!?!?!?

E:"For (equivalent of Christ inserted here)'s sake, CLAM DOWN!"
Angel notices one of the Rangers doing something to an arrow.

The Ranger explains the whole story of the MoDM to drake.

Fine, but I watched 3 Guys 1 Hammer when I was 10 and didn't lose any sleep over it.

:| what about the old Encyclopedia Dramatica definition of Offended page? I was disturbed for weeks after that maw.

Well, Neri and Angel seem to be the source of most of his problems, right? What if Noobs was willing to get rid of his character?

It would be much more plausible if I could easily make a replacement, but I'll decline.

Mord takes a ****ing sword to their throat.

Whic is like pulling a gun on someone for saying a Yo Mama joke...

Neri actually overreacted more than Mord did.

Lolwut? Neri's never been much of the overemotional type.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Drake didn't talk to Mord, he threatened to kill him if he so much as tried to walk in Neri's direction.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Angel immediately sprints in front of Mord and spreads her arms and wings to shield him.

Noobs, remember when Neri thought Mord died?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Drake didn't talk to Mord, he threatened to kill him if he so much as tried to walk in Neri's direction.

Bull****.
"Let me kill these sorry *******s. I have a good reason."
"And why don't you let me do my job, as soon as we get what we came for, you'll be free to go and do as you please."
"They have my wife."
"Listen I'm sure your, a whats the word I'm looking for, lets go with decent, yeah your a decent guy, but a jobs a job and until it's done your not going anywhere. But don't worry my partner is no pushover he should be able to finish this and make sure she lives."
"I will go down there and I will kill every one of those sorry **** bags myself, understand?"
"And I will stop you at all costs."
"You do not want to stand between me and them. I am quiet enough to sneak in after them if I must."
"sorry orders are orders, and right now my orders are to keep you lot here."
"And I swore several oaths before the gods that I would do all that I can to keep her protected even at the cost of my own life. Stand aside."
"I have made my own oaths so if you want this to get messy it will," he materializes a blade made of bone and teeth in the hand not holding the electric sphere.
"Stand down or I must kill you......."
"You should know I can't do that."
"Have you ever had something you would give your life to protect?"
"Yes I have, because I have a debt to repay, and I always repay my debt."
"She has not only saved my life but also given it a purpose."
"Without my honor I am nothing, without my debt I am powerless."
"This one understands nothing of honor."
"I can tell that, but you seem like a man of honor, surely you must understand why I cannot allow you to pass, at least not until I am called to battle."
"And you should be able to tell why I must be allowed to pass."
Gets into a battle stance, "I do."
"Must we fight? If you go with me, you will not be breaking a code and you will gain honor in saving a beautiful young Elf."
"But I was told to keep you here at bay."
"Bay is a relative term. Who is to define yet but each man in his own?"
"actually he was pretty literal, when he said to keep you here until he returned."
"I could obliterate you with but a breath. Allow me to pass. You are protecting these vile spawn of maggots[i]*."
"Not protecting doing my job, while my partner does his and kills them."
"Your honor comes at the loss of mine in far less than is taken. Who may call himself a man if his honor is stolen from another?"
"Which is the same for me if I allow you to pass."
"My life is held down there. You will lose a very small deal of honor if I pass. If I don't pass, I will lose my only reason to live."
"If I allow you to pass I will lose the last thing keeping me here, everyday my sanity is twisted in this place."
"You have no honor if this is how you live. What man would stand between Mates and claim it honorable?"
"Different men attain and keep honor by different means, I do not claim keeping you from your mate is honorable, I claim doing my masters bidding is honorable. But if it means that much to you, alright lets go."
"You allow me passage? You shall not regret this decision."
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

CLAM

*CALM
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

*CALM

Oh, ****. Here I thought that the Greencloaks were telling him to get his *** over to Red Lobster and start murdering some yummy mollusks!
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

The Ranger explains the whole story of the MoDM to drake.
And that would be?
They talked, he only threatened after Mord threatened.
Terrible comparison, that was one of the few moments that warrants a strong emotional response.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Drake:

"And I will stop you at all costs."
"sorry orders are orders, and right now my orders are to keep you lot here."
"I have made my own oaths so if you want this to get messy it will," he materializes a blade made of bone and teeth in the hand not holding the electric sphere.
Gets into a battle stance, "I do."
"But I was told to keep you here at bay."
"If I allow you to pass I will lose the last thing keeping me here, everyday my sanity is twisted in this place."

Mord:
"Must we fight? If you go with me, you will not be breaking a code and you will gain honor in saving a beautiful young Elf."
SEVERAL threats directed solely at the Orcs that took Neri.

Hyper, I call bull **** on your bull ****.....
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

:| what about the old Encyclopedia Dramatica definition of Offended page? I was disturbed for weeks after that maw.

Hm, I just googled that and looked at it. A little bit gross, but seeing as I want to be a surgeon when I grow up, I really don't get grossed out easily. But I am really curious now as to how the hell that one guy filleted his fingers like that.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Angel immediately sprints in front of Mord and spreads her arms and wings to shield him.

For all she knows, he could be painting it a lovely neon green. =_=

I agree with what DBS said, that was an appropiate response.

And that would be?

Look it up you filthy wench.
Showing 45916-45930 of 46375