ForumsPopular MediaWar films

8 3223
dambolee
dambolee
57 posts
Nomad

I just watched the awesome film Saving Private Ryan, and I realized, how i love these historical war films. (No i`m not a history geek) There is something special in each of these films! Also i just love that film where Mel Gibson ( oh he kicks butt ) played the role of William Wallace (forgot the name of the film). Agree or Disagree??

Cheers,

/Dambo

• 8 Replies
mastern999
mastern999
3 posts
Nomad

rambo is the best war movie

GhostShadow
GhostShadow
86 posts
Nomad

Rambo is bullsh!t. I hate movies like that, their so stupid. It gives such a negative portrayal of the military.

Anyway, I like historically accurate movies...I'm a military enthusiast. My favorite military films (not in this order) are: Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Flags Of Our Fathers, Windtalkers, We Were Soldiers...And Young, Jarhead, Full Metal Jacket (Only the boot camp part), Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood Of War, and Behind Enemy Lines (the one with Owen Wilson).

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

Full Metal Jacket.

You'd better flush out your head, new guy. This isn't about freedom; this is a slaughter. If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is &quotoontang".

Probably best not to quote that movie to much, but it's still a great watch.
RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

well the only movies about history i liked were the old material arts movies.. like jackie chan, bruce lee.. and of course 300

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Ha 300, although based on an actual event, was far from even close to portraying what actually happened. Although, it was an alright movie.

I enjoy watching some war movies every once in a while, but the thing is, they never do come close to showing an individual just what 'war' is really like. However, I suppose it is alright if you are watching say movie for the entertainment, as Saving Private Ryan was a great movie.

Cheeseman298
Cheeseman298
118 posts
Nomad

My favorite war movie would probably have to be "Flags of our Fathers". It was based on a true event, world war 2. The action was amazing. I loved it!

Grimmer_Reaper
Grimmer_Reaper
7 posts
Nomad

300, is the best.

GhostShadow
GhostShadow
86 posts
Nomad

I don't remember that quote from FMJ. When did they say that?

Showing 1-8 of 8