ForumsSupport ForumSpecific Achievement Merits

10 2855
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

What if this site had multiple ways to get a merit, what if there were different merits for different achievements, each awarding its own amount of AP, depending on servity of task. Merits could be expanded for winning contests, making helpful guides, stopping spam, helping out,etc.
Anyway tell me what you think and post ideas.

• 10 Replies
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

yeah, something like that expect it would be much more broad. If armorgames could program it clicking the merit icon, would take you to specific info on how that award was earned, of course that is way off in the future.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

hey man good idea but it would be pretty hard for the mods to catch all of that. they're already deep in their own grave trying to find merit worthy comments. so putting that infront of them would just make it even harder. you know what i mean?

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

hey man good idea but it would be pretty hard for the mods to catch all of that. they're already deep in their own grave trying to find merit worthy comments. so putting that infront of them would just make it even harder. you know what i mean?

This an idea for future, obviously we need more mods but this topic is just for ideas.
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

ya and also getting merits isnt very hard. allthough i only have 1, i have still left good notes that will probably help people think of things and other things like that. also getting a merit for helping somone...well idk about you but i would rather help somone becuae they really need it. not to get points for it.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Yes, you do but not everyones like that, and its not just for helping people, winning contests and other tasks would merit you also. But as for the helping part this would take some stress off mods, thing is you won't be meritted for the same thing more than once.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

It's not about the number of mods Armourgames has, it's about how are they going to give out the 'helping merits' to people? There's going to be a lot of scamming in that ordeal due to the fact merits, even these merits, most likely mean some good points. If they were pointless, then nobody would help anyone, not saying everyone wouldn't, a lot of people do it for nothing even now.
The stopping spam isn't really a good idea unless you plan on handing out a lot of these 'anti-spam merits' due to the fact that many people activly look for spammers and there's usually 5 people to report the same spammer, you can't give the first one credit, cause the others probably found the spammer fair and square too, just took a little longer, while others could've just copied what the guy below them said.
So i'm not sure how this would work out, it's a good idea, but I think the Badges Suggestion(anyone remember that idea?) was good, a little box with your awards, and the amount won could be where they're displayed, somewhere in clear visibility as well =)

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

well some of you people dont get it that getting merits isnt hard. getting merits for all of those things would put abunch of stress on the mods so just dont post anything after this. if they were to give merits for that everyone could have 100 merits so it would be too much. a merit for a good comment is just fine and thats why they make it a challange to get them. so that you have to really think and it helps the game maker and other game makers too.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Anyone can get the same merit as another, every member on armorgames could have a anti-spam merit if they fufil the requires, the thing is they can only get one of that merit.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

ok dude it was a good idea but it will have too many troubles and other things. sry.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

no big deal, to be honest I got this idea from Kongregate, instead of using badges, I thought use merits instead.

Showing 1-10 of 10