ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAwesome Art Contest: The Stone Age (p34)

362 103680
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Hi,

Some of you may remember the Art Skills Competition(ASC) that died some time ago, and there has been no succesful drawing art competition since it died. It died because there was no judge and other reasons, but I joined in the last 2 rounds of that competition and I have to say that I miss it.

So, I decided to have go at making another arty competition of that kind. And every succesful contest must have a set of rules.

1. You must not use artwork that belongs to any other person other than yourself

2. The artwork must be visual, not literary or audible. It can be a photo manipulation or drawing or other.

3. The deadline is 2 weeks from the setting of a new theme

4. You can submit more than one artwork, but must say which is your final

5. You must follow the theme

6. Anyone who fails to follow the first rule will be first warned, if repeated, then suspended for a round and then 2, and then banned until further notice.

7. The will be up to 5 awards each round which may vary, except for the 1st place award and Scenery award(background).

For anyone that would like to enter here's the Programs you could use alongside many others:

GIMP - free
Paint
Photoshop(costs)
Corel Painter(costs)

This round's Theme is

Ninjas

The 2 varying awards for this round are:

Weapon award
Stealth award

I will be the judge, so I won't enter

Hope this works

• 362 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Is that a Nidorinodragon :0

Awesomesauce.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Another splended collab between mod team Zophere :P, the question is who gets the prize...Cen versus Zophia! Anyways I like the duality of day/night in the background

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Anyways I like the duality of day/night in the background

They call it sunset XD
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Anyone not finished yet??

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Just Judge!!! I want a new subject, totally lacked motivation on this one. Everyone else's is good

ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Nice collab, Cenere and Zophia. It was a bit hard to distinguish between the multitudes of heads and limbs at first.

Hm... I might post something tonight if I get to it.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Well, sorry, but well, I might be away for some time.. so can someone else take over.. as I don't want this to die.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Can someone take over? Sorry, but I don't want this to die and I am going to be away for some time

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Thus the plague of this forum returns to destroy any aspiring contests...I have tried to think of creative ways to remedy this but yet to no avail.

I'll take up judging if no one as no objections?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Ok for this time, but how about letting the winner judge the next rounds?

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

I still thing it should be two or three judges

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

but how about letting the winner judge the next rounds?

If this had been a part of the rules from the beginning, it would probably be fine, but making it up in the middle of a round, you are really screwing with participants. Some, as an example: Me, do not wish to be a judge of a contest. This is why I participate instead of holding the ASC. I do not have time nor patience for judging a contest.
Further, it is actually Manny's responsibility to figure something out in times he can't judge himself, otherwise he should take the hour and go do it. He can't just hand it over like whatever, and assume he is still in charge. It is quite irresponsible, and often leads to these "Well, I can ttly judge" and "we should let the winner judge"/"lets get thousands of judges!".
None of which works properly when the contest has begun, especially not in the middle of a round.
The best waiy to do it would be saying "Yo, I can't actually judge the next couple of rounds, so I am letting -user- (or -user-, -user- and -user) do the judging until the -date-. Then I will start the new round and judge from there."

I still thing it should be two or three judges

Zophia and I had it work, solely because we could actually get online at the same time on a chat service. That way we could discuss and find a fair setup for the winners, and come with some good reasoning for why they won, and why they others did not.
Having three judges that rates the different drawings, like 1n the picture changing contest, both shows that the judges most likely are not able to be online and discuss, they would not agree, and they perhaps have little capacity for actually judging something fairly and giving proper reasons.
Besides, this also ends up in the judging being late. So does what Manny is pulling. And unless it is a contest of shiggles, it is often rather rude to the contestants to assume they will wait for weeks after the deadline.

Then again, seeing that a reason for scoring low in this contest is "You just made it night time to make it fit the theme"*, then perhaps this is a contest of shiggles, and you can just ignore my rant/opinion/wall of text.
Do whatever, I am not participating.

*Just like everyone else did. That is like saying "You just included a dragon to make it fit the 'dragon'-theme". It does not make much sense.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Then again, seeing that a reason for scoring low in this contest is "You just made it night time to make it fit the theme"*

I think I love you.
Aaronw
Aaronw
4 posts
Nomad

Can I still enter the contest with a ninja-signature art ?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Can I still enter the contest with a ninja-signature art ?

as long as its a original drawing

ETA the judging will be submitted tomorrow afternoon, so if you want to submit something do it today...after that I will not accept anything new.
Showing 316-330 of 362