ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLamentations

278 121451
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Well, if you know me, then you know that this would be my third thread for my writings. If you don't know me, as in your a new(er) user, than this is my third thread for my writings. This is a fairly akward situation, so I feel the need to explain:

I am making this final thread (and yes, final), because I realised something during my Hiatus. When I 'quit' AG, I was fairly discusted with my works. I absolutely loathed them. And after a while, I realized something: that it didn't matter. Who cares what I thought about them. What matters is what OTHERs think about them. I wouldn't be able to grow as a writer if my angst over my own works led people to assume that they WERE bad.

While some of them genuinely reeked, there were others that were genuinely good. And as I looked back over my first writings, I realized another thing too: that I had gotten better. That my works had gone from a slipshod, unbalanced affair to a generarrly more organized shipshod affair.

So I am not making this thread to be unique in having *3* threads about my work, or for vanity, or anything like that. I am making it so that you, the reader, will look at my works, and will hopefully tell me how to get better.

Sincerely, Mav

• 278 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Thanks Roger. And on that note, something long overdue:

Reflections VII

The Heart is the darkest part of the human enigma. It taints and corrupts all it touches, and has the power to turn even the most resolute man from the straightest path. It whispers sweet nothings into your ear, promising only the best, while leading you blindly into ruin. The Heart is the darkest part of the human enigma.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I feel that I'm losing my touch.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I want to live life,
And never grow old.
I want to run miles,
And never grow tired.

I never changed; I'm weak.
I never learned to breathe.

I want to reach up,
And pull down the stars.
I want to bend down,
And rip up the trees.

I never changed; I'm weak.
I never learned to breathe.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The Milky-Way Waltz

Ensnared by greater gravity,
Breaking out, I aim for you.
Comets impact the hardened ground,
I whisper to the dark heavens:

That the truth is...
Yeah, the truth is...

Interrupted by the cosmos,
Brought back to Earth by my failed pride.
Alone, I grovel in the dust,
And speak my heart to the terrain:

That the truth is...
Yeah, the truth is...

The galaxies just flit between;
They ignore my worthless tears.
I break the universal clock,
And spill what I've been holding in:

That the truth is... I love you.
Yeah, the truth is... I love you.

Then I crawl back
Into your loving arms.
Then I crawl back
Into your loving arms.

Quirinus1
Quirinus1
157 posts
Shepherd

I feel that I'm losing my touch.

No you are not. You should be careful, these kind of issues can seriously destroy your self-esteem. And there is no reason for that to be hurt.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Reflections VIII

I feel as if I've been taken advantage of. As if to pour salt into the wounds, I feel as if I've taken advantage of my self. It seems that every time I make a resolution, to do anything, I always end up betraying myself.

I fall into the same old traps, and push myself to climb out. Yet, I always end up falling into the trap again. Often times, I willingly do so, and know that I'm doing so, and yet do nothing to avoid it. I jump headlong into the mouth of the beast, and do so with pleasure.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Haiku

Falling all around,
Misting rain blends with the sky;
Blending with my heart.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hey, Mav. Your writing is great, I already told you, right?

Anyway, I told a friend of mine that happens to be an english teacher that I saw good poetry here on AG. She asked me to show her.

So, I was thinking: Can I take some of your poetry to show to her?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Hey, Mav. Your writing is great, I already told you, right?

Its always appreciated though.

Anyway, I told a friend of mine that happens to be an english teacher that I saw good poetry here on AG. She asked me to show her.

So, I was thinking: Can I take some of your poetry to show to her?

Wow, thats awesome. Yeah man, have at it. Just mention I'm the writer, works are not to be distributed, etc, etc. Heres my more favorite works, though you're welcome to take anything. And any of my Haikus, too. Again, thats awesome, and thanks a bunch.

The Good Ship, Woadship (Page 2)
A Creation (Page 5)
My Tears Flow from Kokytos (Page 5)
The Artist *V.2* (Page 6)
I lose control./Step in, step out, (Page 10)
Another Tragedy (Page 11)
Life Time Serenity (Page 12)
The Milky Way Waltz (Page 13)
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Wow, thats awesome. Yeah man, have at it. Just mention I'm the writer, works are not to be distributed, etc, etc. Heres my more favorite works, though you're welcome to take anything. And any of my Haikus, too. Again, thats awesome, and thanks a bunch.

Thanks for allowing me and thanks for having so much nice poetry!

Because the lack of time (I needed to show them to her today by the morning or only next week) I only took your Mountains Nonet. I showed to her at 10PM (AGT)

She was amazed, even though that she found the part that said "Dead" a little bit too dark for her. I putted your username (as I don't know your real name) on the bottom of the sheet.

Also, I translated it to portuguese and showed it to a portuguese teacher. She likes poetry very much. She will see it next week because she's very busy.

I'll take more next week.

Keep up the good work!
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Thats awesome. Thanks a lot man.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I took some more poetry last monday. Once again, she was amazed. I can't recall now which ones I showed to her. :P

I talked to that portuguese teacher that I translated your Mountains Nonet. She loved it! She even asked me to translate more! I'll translate those I took this week for her and let you know what she thought about it.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

fixing:

I talked to that portuguese teacher that saw the translated version of your Mountains Nonet
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Thats cool. Just try to remember which ones you've shown her, especially if they have a critique or think something isn't good.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

especially if they have a critique or think something isn't good.

*sighs*

Every single one of them made they amazed.

Gosh, you certainly have a melancholic point of view about this...

Your writing is awesome! Think higher!
Showing 121-135 of 278