The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming Forumi am curious about programs that i can make games on

25 10530
kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

I have been thinking the last few days about making my own game but i have no clue exactly the program i need to do it...im kinda techno smart...somewhat...so plz let me know of any that are good to use thanks

• 25 Replies
gtfawjkjg
gtfawjkjg
1,126 posts
Nomad

Just so you know... It can take years to make games as good as the ones you see here if you work alone. I do not know of any game maker, I just came to warn you.

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

kk thanks for the warning...it helps at least...maybe u know someone would wouldnt mind helpin me alittle?

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

If you contact somebody i know, he could teach you game maker.

but game maker code is fairly simple compared to more complicated stuff, like you see on AG.

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

so that way i can read it...where is this game maker's code? so that way i dont screw up...thanks...like who exactly?

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

Game Maker for random game making for fun, but you won't be able to upload it to ArmorGames (or any website that isn't YoYoGames, I think). If you wanna get more serious and actually start programming, Adobe Flash is the option.

I recommend going to GameMaker first. It's really fun to play around with.

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

kk...thanks....could u maybe give me the link for it plz
the GameMaker link plz

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

Oh yea, learn how to code and try not to stick to the 'drag and drop' crap or you will never understand adobe flash

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm not good at any of this stuff, but I think these links will help you out:
One.
Two.
Three.
I don't know if these will help you but there ya' go.

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

thanks and dacer...exactly this code....exactly what is this code...i would like to know that before i start makin games...thoguh im gonna get used to making them on gamermaker...but still would like to know about this code plz

billybobjo2
billybobjo2
135 posts
Nomad

I use multimedia fusion but it is hard work

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Just buy Adobe Flash CS4 Professional. That's what I have and it cost me about $499 for a refurbished version of the software. I used it to make some flash files.

I made one with the goal to get this ball to a cup by altering the pane of gravity. It is all black and white but it is fun. I made it on a different language (not C++) but it was okay. Too lazy to make another one.

I made another where you can find out the time in any city at whatever time. I just shared the server with the Weather Channel but added my own graphics. The colours are very smooth and gradient.

I made another one where you can play cards. The system is glitchy since I am not to fond on the probability but the graphics are soo nice.

My pride and joy is this Exit Path-esque game where you are this jelly square, like meat boy and avalanche, and you have to get to the door by climbing, swinging. To climb, click W or Up Arrow. To Move, click A and D or Left and Right Arrow. To crouch, click S or Down Arrow. To swing, mouseclick where. It is like Hanger and Exit Path combined. I want to make a story, extra levels, level intermissions, and sound, music, pause, blah blah blah. It is really glitchy but I'm sure I can do it. I'm hoping on submitting to Armor Games.

Yeah, but learn C++ and buy CS5.

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

nice and i cant even begin to afford that much...transmission in truck busted...thoguh keep that in thoguht

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

You can always buy it, return it and burn it onto a disc. That's what my dad did. He did the same for Microsoft Office 2007, Photoshop CS4, and Flash CS4. Well, he did keep the Microsoft Office but he put it on like 4 computers.

Learning the language is quite easy. My county/district has a community college and it has like two locations so there isn't that much space to teach classes for older people. They do in schools during the summer so one time they were teaching a Flash Programming class for $10 to $20 per class. I thought that was pretty cheap so I did that last summer. I only went for 4 hours, five days a week for 8 weeks. 10 AM to 2 PM. I took some non-AP classes over the summer, but that is completely different.

If you can afford $800 over the course of 8 weeks, you should be more than good. I have a job at Starbucks and they pay you $8 dollars per hour just to sweep the floor. I get paid $16 and I work from 6 PM to 8 PM on weekdays and noon to 3 PM on weekends. I make $256 a week, which is pretty good for a 16 year old. Just get a job.

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

dang that good...im 17 and wow who knew...of course kinda hard with life i have...just really busy for now but after my eagle board of review is over and i become an eagle scout school and goin to try and make games...just hope all of mine will suck

Showing 1-15 of 25