Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

Posted Jan 24, '11 at 8:33pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

did you try pausing the game, waiting some seconds and then resuming?

did you try dragging an "empty" but occupied square from the inventory to some tower?

did you try dragging a valid gem from the tower to an "empty" square to exchange gems?

I actually did get rid of the ghost gems in the inventory (gem bombing the sidebar), BUT the game is paused (no traps / towers fire / no creatures move / wave bars don't move / I still have to anger 42...). It's by far the weirdest glitch I've ever seen.

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 11:21am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

do you ever get mana while in this state? perhaps it has something to do with interrupt cat catching its own tail mid-frame. Also, does Options button work at all?

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 5:27pm

Impiety

Impiety

18 posts

Maybe the speedhack/mouse recording programs contributed to the glitch somehow. Also, when creating a RO mana farm, should I focus on creating a large abundance of normal gems, or should I create maxed supergems one by one?

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 8:14pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

do you ever get mana while in this state? perhaps it has something to do with interrupt cat catching its own tail mid-frame. Also, does Options button work at all?

I never get mana in this state, so I have less than 100 mana left .

Maybe the speedhack/mouse recording programs contributed to the glitch somehow. Also, when creating a RO mana farm, should I focus on creating a large abundance of normal gems, or should I create maxed supergems one by one?

Yes, the mouse recording program did indirectly contribute to the glitch. You see, the program didn't respond for about 3 seconds when I was running my macro, and, as a result, some data got corrupted, leaving me with these weird half-gems. When I tried putting one from my inventory to a tower, it created a half-tower, and somehow, it also paused the game by preventing any monsters from moving / towers, traps from firing / wave bars from moving / mana from earning, etc.

What this means? I suspect that the corrupted gem (hmm...the effects of the Forgotten are at work here) did something weird to the way Flash processes the actions of firing and creatures moving, so now it's all backed up.

Posted Jan 26, '11 at 2:50am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

hmm. Try bombing that half-gem somewhere manually. If it will fail, combime a gem onto half-gem within the tower, if fail again, with the inventory. You should have no such gems in your towers - I expect that there's some flaw in gem's "fire" routine processing that stalls the game progress. And I'd say it's a pity indeed that such a gem appears in the game.

Posted Jan 26, '11 at 10:03pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

hmm. Try bombing that half-gem somewhere manually. If it will fail, combime a gem onto half-gem within the tower, if fail again, with the inventory. You should have no such gems in your towers - I expect that there's some flaw in gem's "fire" routine processing that stalls the game progress. And I'd say it's a pity indeed that such a gem appears in the game.

I do - they look like gems, but when I click on them, it says "Tower - Place a gem inside to activate." And sometimes when you put gems onto them, they will be off-hued and look like the weird ghost gem.

I fixed it once (before), and somehow, it started working spontaneously - after a huge display of fire from built-up shots.

Posted Jan 26, '11 at 11:30pm

Impiety

Impiety

18 posts

I guess the only way to resolve or circumvent this glitch is to stop using the speedhack / mouse recording programs...

But on the bright side, GemCraft Labyrinth is coming out soon

Posted Jan 27, '11 at 12:52am

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

I guess the only way to resolve or circumvent this glitch is to stop using the speedhack / mouse recording programs...

No - people have had the glitch without it...

Posted Jan 27, '11 at 3:18am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

does this mean you're now in normal mode again? Weird... perhaps there is some nearly impossible coincidence within game code that produces a bug, like say dragging two gems at once - can't say anything more clear.

Posted Jan 27, '11 at 9:16am

Super1Gamer

Super1Gamer

3 posts

i beat that game only you need is keep training

Reply to Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

You must be logged in to post a reply!