Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

Posted Feb 13, '11 at 9:13pm

IronInforcersecond

IronInforcersecond

5 posts

I just read all of the posts and... 30 FREAKING MILLION?!?!?!?!?!!? THE BEST I COULD GET WAS 200K! And, just wondering, from the posts I dont understand about all that hacking/mouse programs you were talking about, so I assume that someone not hacking couldent get that kind of a score?

Posted Feb 14, '11 at 7:58pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

No - that's billion, not million. And right now, I have 2 Trillion... :P 100 Trillion is possible. And that's NO HACKING.

One player scored 10 Trillion - NO HACKING whatsoever. And we're trying to beat that.

Posted Feb 14, '11 at 8:00pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

I hate how people automatically assume that outrageous scores = hacking. This is, put quite simply, not true unless it's not possible (like getting 0 seconds on some game...

Posted Feb 16, '11 at 1:46am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

why, I had 43b score (that's 43m exp) on a single level normal mode, using nothing but mouse and hands. And I am by no means an extreme gamer or an extreme gemcrafter. Those who are extreme use software to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome, because such scores require too much mouse clicks for a human to withstand. And speedhack (that's what they use to slow the game) is there to simulate old hardware which is capable of running GC0, but will do it REALLY slowly, and this is the game where slower means better.

Anyway, there are definitions of what is hacking. A hacker is the person who tampers with the game code itself, or the game data itself, like say giving self $100000 on the start of a mission that normally will ever earn $200. Here, no tampering with the game is ever made, so these people do not hack. Even if the program has a "hack" in its name, it might be used without employing its hacking capabilities.

Posted Feb 16, '11 at 6:28am

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,631 posts

No - that's billion, not million.  And right now, I have 2 Trillion... :P  100 Trillion is possible.  And that's NO HACKING.

One player scored 10 Trillion - NO HACKING whatsoever.  And we're trying to beat that.

Well, actually speed hack = hacking.

Posted Feb 16, '11 at 6:46pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

Well, actually speed hack = hacking.

First - he didn't use speedhack ... HA!

Second - speedhack =/= cheating. It adds playability to ultra-ultra slow computers and ultra-ultra fast computers that wouldn't be able to play the game without it.

Posted Feb 21, '11 at 1:13pm

speedomaniac

speedomaniac

4 posts

there's one thing I don't really get: how can I create a mana farm if I first have to get some damage gems (do I, actually?)to survive? and once I start creating my gems and traps for a mana farm, monsters are getting stronger and I need more powerful damage gems, but than there's not enough mana left to create those...

Posted Feb 21, '11 at 1:15pm

speedomaniac

speedomaniac

4 posts

hey, that was my first post on an armorgames forum!

Posted Feb 21, '11 at 10:27pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,502 posts

there's one thing I don't really get: how can I create a mana farm if I first have to get some damage gems (do I, actually?)to survive? and once I start creating my gems and traps for a mana farm, monsters are getting stronger and I need more powerful damage gems, but than there's not enough mana left to create those...

Well, ideally, you would be having your mana gems AS your damage gems for the first 10 waves, and after a point, leaks don't even matter, anyway.

Posted Feb 22, '11 at 6:38am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

you need mana to survive, except on Sudden Death where you definitely need damage. Note that if you have happened to leech more mana from a single monster than this monster's banishment cost, you can easily let him run the path another time, giving you some more mana. That's how it works. Also a strong dual gem does enough damage in a trap to start killing monsters. A "just maxed" red/orange with maxed skills delivers ~200 damage tops while placed in a trap, and leeches 10 mana per shot per target (pre-multiplied), and eats smaller waves like crackers.

Reply to Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

You must be logged in to post a reply!