ForumsNews and Feedback[dup] Comment votes (reputation system)

6 2963
Marios2
Marios2
149 posts
Nomad

We could can vote at the comments on the games and forums at if the comments where good or not. The great comments will earn a new thing named Grits (Great merits)
For each Grit, you get 30 AP points.
And, if a comment is too bad, the user that posted the bad comment will be punished by losing 10 AP points.
I hope i can get a reward by these ideas!

• 6 Replies
Crytera
Crytera
12 posts
Nomad

What would determine what a bad comment is? What happens if someone posts something they think and then they get punished for it? Free speech is a right.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

thats not fair. people will rate a comment bad just becuz they dont like him and people will do vice versa. I have a better idea. y'know like on youtube there are dislikes and likes? So the comments that are liked the most are at the top and the disliked ones are at the bottom. But you should not get AP/lose AP for like/disliking comments.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I think the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" buttons will be launched in AG3 but it wouldn't be fair earn points or lose points for your comments. What would happen is what nesanelf described and a lot of trouble will happen.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So, this will basically be like the reputation system they are going to implement, just with AP, which they will remove more or less?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@ nesanelf : the suggestion from YouTube you make is basically the same thing as the one Marios2 suggests, only with a different name...
Both suggestions have the possibility of getting a lot of 'dislikes' by someone who hates that particular user that wrote the review...

As for Marios2 suggestion on points rewarded/punishment given for the liking or disliking of a certain user's review, I'm not for implementing that feature at all. This would only result in 'spam-liking' as a whole new item surfacing on AG.

Users who are befriended with another user would most likely be 'liking' his/her review in order to help eachother in gaining such a 'Grit' as you call it.
Vice-versa, it would mean that no-one would 'dislike' a certain review, since it would mean loss of points and that's the thing that haunts most of the AG users...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed how the reputation system is going to work.

Showing 1-6 of 6