ForumsThe TavernWhats up with merits???

15 4022
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Ok im not mad at how they grade comments for merits or anything but its how they give them out. I've left all sorts of merit worthy comments on new and old games and i've only gotton one. The merit recognition place doesnt really do much. Awhile ago i saw a comment that got meritted and it said somthing like this, "the game wasn't very good beacuse the graphics were pretty bad and so were the controlls. i think that they nedd to fix that."
now idk about you but that is not a merit worthy comment. now im not complaining but when merits are givin out theyre not always to the right comments. So i hope some of mine and other peoples good comments can be noticed and we can all get som more merits.

• 15 Replies
dcfb312
dcfb312
203 posts
Nomad

I agree, I left one that was longer and better wrtten than this other one that became a merit.

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

Just because you type a long comment doesn't mean you deserve a merit ..

But I'm really not worried about them, since I don't really care what people think about my comments.

iskane
iskane
267 posts
Nomad

Yeah i agree with KING. Just because they're long doesn't mean that they're good. To get a merit worthy comment you should say what they should change and keep in a sequal.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

I feel that my comments are always watched and if I don't get a merit, I proboly didn't do something up to par, but why would that get merited?

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post but i just realized this is in tavern, this should go in support

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

no it wasn't for guiding and stuff. it was to tel poeple some of the things that have been goin on for the whole meriting system.
and short comments are bad comments and long comments aren't always good comments but if you want a merit then thwey should be pretty long.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

no i didnt mean that. i no im not supposed to do that. lol. but the meritrecognition place doesnt really seem to give alot of pople merits. and some of the comments thatt people say arent even close to being merit worthy. (i've looked throuhg som of the links)

Jordanhasgerms
Jordanhasgerms
150 posts
Nomad

Okay first of all it's a honor system that people nominate you. The Merit_Recognition page doesn't do all the work. There are key people that help out but mostly it's just your fellow gamers that help you get merits. I mean I don't agree with the merit example that you showed earlier but I know that good merit worthy comments are being trashed away because no one reads it or people are just to lazy to nominate you. I say that you should just keep it up and people will nominate you. You just have to keep at it!

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Wait the one that got merited (not evan a word) was that all of it?

And every mod has ones they think are bad,okey and good! So some mod might like it, another would hate it, and like king said not all comments that are long get a merit! And mabey you don't describe the game to well, you probly put some deacent lines in, but the rest are probly about something other then the game. try the guide!

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

we already have a topic like this and it has been locked, but il explain.
next too the comment you see an arrow (vote up).
it isn't giving a merit it just gets the attention of moderators, they decide if the comment is good or bad.
once they think the comment is good they give you a merit (25AP).
for more information here is a link.

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/513452/nn-guide-to-merits/page/1

Jordanhasgerms
Jordanhasgerms
150 posts
Nomad

WOW! That's like a perfect comment!! If I woulda seen that I would've nominated you! See it's things like that, that people need to see and actually take action. People don't think for anyone else BUT themselves it's sick! That's an amazing comment!!

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

well i wrote 6 merit whorth comments and all over 20 lines but i just have 2 merits

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

im not talking about not being able to get one. i was just wonderin if enuogh merits were being noticed and if people know what makes a good merit a good merit.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

There are tons and tons of games, people can't get to them all to vote up the meritworthy ones. If you see one, bump it, and put it on the Merit_Recognition page. The only people that can make a comment worth a merit are the admins, and they're smart enough to know what is worthy of a merit and what isn't. I'll admit I've seen a few merited comments that *I* personally wouldn't have given a merit to, due to poor spelling and grammar, but that is to the discretion of the admins.

shadedclan
shadedclan
405 posts
Peasant

well as ar i am concered i agree that mods look b4 they rate the comment as a merit

Showing 1-15 of 15