ForumsProgramming ForumRevenue from flash games

14 11065
P051D3N
P051D3N
25 posts
Nomad

I'm in the process of making my first flash game, so I was wondering, what ways are there to get money from flash games. There are probably lots of ways, but I don't know any at present, so help would be appreciated

• 14 Replies
mikecranbo
mikecranbo
45 posts
Nomad

Well you can go to kongergate.com sign up become a developer.(Free)
I hope i gave you the info you wanted.I'm a developer and my Revenue is like $1.67 right .

akunu
akunu
35 posts
Nomad

Well, you could run ads from Mochi ads.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

You could work for Armor Games, or Addicting games or miniclip or stuff like that.

akunu
akunu
35 posts
Nomad

You could work for Armor Games, or Addicting games or miniclip or stuff like that.

He said this is his first game, and generally a flash game sponsor requires previous experience before hiring.

I made $523 off my first game just by running mochi ads in the preloader, so mochi is great for people just starting out. You wont pay the bills with it, but it'll put some change in your pocket.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Ah, right. Mochi is also a pretty good idea.

P051D3N
P051D3N
25 posts
Nomad

Thanks everyone! I'll probably put mochi ad's on my first game and then as I get more experienced I'll try to get a placed at armor games or miniclip
Just one more question though, I'm pretty sure you can't put your game on armor games if it has mochi ads, so would I have to make my own website, or is there somewhere else it could go?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yeah mochi ads API is cool, but i'm not sure about two things.
1 on kongregate it says that you can have up to 50% of the ad revenue of the game. What does it mean? If I put a mochi ad kongregate will take 50% of my money?
2 in the submit window here on ag they want you to certify that your game does not contain mochi ads, but some games here have ads. Is there another API ag accept or what?

beech
beech
107 posts
Nomad

@PO51D3N - Good luck to you! sounds like a plan :P another avenue could be FlashGameLicense where your game could pick up a sponorship or two (and you can also run mochiads there, but most sponsors are going to have you remove the Mochi API in a site-locked version for their package) Mochi also has a distribution network of something like over 200 portals that they will publish it to automatically (mostly in China lol) if you choose that option.

@gaboloth - you betcha
1) yeah i think they run their own API for the rev sharing at Kong - but i'm not certain about that (pretty sure)

2) i don't think so - most of the time with large 'real' portals and sponsors, they have their own add service contracts and API, that's how they make the money to keep this place running for free - so they wont be able to allow other outside 3rd party services, or it will dilute their ad systems/contracts and make them less desirable to paid advertisers

NixGD
NixGD
2 posts
Nomad

On kongregate it says that you can have up to 50% of the ad revenue of the game. What does it mean? If I put a mochi ad kongregate will take 50% of my money?

The revenue is generated by ads they put on your page and in game, not by mochi ads. Kongregate actually doesn't alow mochi ads, so that a game doesn't have double ads. Kongregate also gives uses bonuses if the game is highly rated. For more info about revenue from Kongregate, visit [url=http://www.kongregate.com/pages/earn]
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

Also, if you are going to run mochi ads, you can't post your game on armorgames. The site doesn't allow any third-party advertisements, as stated on the submission form

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

As an addition: I believe you can turn of the ads for a specific domain from the mochi-ads control panel... this way I believe you can submit it to AG, and have ads in it... just not on AG

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

If your game is good enough you can get sponsorships, and some websites will actually pay you to have your game on theirs exclusively for x amount of time.

Though on a first game, not likely.

Just submit your game to various sites, and keep making games. Eventually you'll get some amount of credit, and start making money.

It's not as simple as one two three BAM, you have cash. It takes patience!

darkscanner
darkscanner
5 posts
Nomad

I'm somewhat confused at why everybody is at armor games, when they don't pay add revenue, and Kongregate has its own forum. :l

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Wait guys, is Mochi Ads free? Or is there a fee?

Showing 1-14 of 14