ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2839 765978
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,839 Replies
princevladlin
princevladlin
24 posts
Nomad

@ Milk
I doubt that you've found something that a lot of people don't know already, like faith said. I'd still love to see what you're talking about to see if there's anything I can do to improve my path though. I've been thinking about getting back into uni (I never really got into it) and trying to get around 2:30 which I know I can get with a bit of practice from adding my best times with the current path I use (which is fairly basic and similar to those already &quotublic&quot.

also @KrissKhan Didn't people already do that?

And for both, not trying to sound like an expert or being snobby or anything. Sorry if it comes across that way.

MiIk
MiIk
16 posts
Nomad

Nah it's cool ice â¢.â¢. But who knows, the vid might help u give criticism to me or give idea to u . I'm testing the outside levels and audit levels a lot, I c the most time being saved in them and the early levels, obviously you can't do the last ten levels very easily in 25 seconds lol, and thanx so much for ur paths on the axe level (24?). I try ur hypothetical very fast path a lot, not get it yet but I think I can! And for others, princevladlin YouTube is grayiceotopon, watch his vids!

MiIk
MiIk
16 posts
Nomad

Btw faith Darwin's test, one man flow save 0.02 sec compared to what? Two man? Tree man?

princevladlin
princevladlin
24 posts
Nomad

Thanks. ^^
Yah I don't think the hypothetical path is possible. I just use the easier dj way in that vid.

Anyway, I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but I've now just decided (probably due to an overdose of nostalgia) that I'm going to make a sort of exit path history montage thing (just for ep1). So I want to see what you guys think about the idea.

It will be a sort of history describing how various techniques and tricks came around. It will focus on both uni and multi, but mainly I want it to focus on people from the exit path community. I already have a lot of pics and some videos of me playing with people, but I'd love to see if I can get people to send me pics and video of them, esp. playing with others.

I was thinking about giving the name of everyone and then having some brief notes on them⦠like possibly clans they were in or a pic of their match record if they wanted, uni times, whatever; then preferably short clip of gameplay with them and their customized ep person. It would kind of be in chronological order from when they started playing at a higher level I guess.

I don't plan on having requirements or anything like that to get in it (I doubt anyone would want to do that anyway)⦠it's nothing like that. Just for fun.

I have about 60 people on the top of my head that I've played to put in it, and there are already a lot of pictures of them that I've put together. I'm sure there are plenty of others that I know and don't know that I'll put in as well.

So essentially I just want to have all of us in one video writing in stone (I guess) our involvement and love for ep (is that weird?).

So I was thinking that I try to get as many people as possible to send me stuff. I know that probably most of the people ik don't play anymore, so it might be difficult. I'd have to contact a lot of people.

As for possible ways to get videos and media to me. Through uploading to yt as unlisted (or public, I probably just use videos already currently their with their permission). I might set up a dropbox or something to.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to follow through with this though, so let me know what you think.

I have to go right now, but I'll elaborate a bit more later (add a list of the people I was thinking of and ask you guys to add to it). Am I crazy? (don't answer that)

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

Nah it's cool ice �.�

who are you referring to? It looks funny though :b

Btw faith Darwin's test, one man flow save 0.02 sec compared to what? Two man? Tree man?

Uhm all I remember was the conclusion of it. He didn't mention boundary conditions about the test, or the test subject (recorded videos). He was dilligent in counting out different techniques and routes though. I am sure he considered different techniques. the context I did put this in was: If you pass the distance A to B in 5 one-man-flow taps, then it took you x seconds. If you pass the distance AB in 6 one-man-flow taps, then it took x minus 0,02 seconds. Would make sense and kinda matches the feelings I had about flowing techniques.
I have ran some time counting tests on recorded videos myself though. Less proffesional then darwin. But almost always the numbers prooved the feelings about it. Which was a quite cool and weird at same time xD

to princevladin:
Am I crazy? (don't answer that)

probably xP in a good way though. Bamn still answered it xD

I find it a kinda great and obnoxious idea. Such a nostalgia vid can be really sweet. It won't be easy though and even harder to get a grasp on the stuff that happened before you joined. I am not sure but it was late '10 or so? Thats like 3rd or 4th generation like some ppl proposed x_X.
You will find tons of stuff on the youtubechannel of mithrauko (Nontroppo), Darwin37, Ghostofpain. The first 2 have videos of routes, tricks, runs with others if I remember correctly. Troppo even made a memoriablia ^_^.
Vidz I published are linked on my profile though. Nothing much than that I guess.

hope you'll get everything together >
princevladlin
princevladlin
24 posts
Nomad

Nah it's cool ice â�â.â�â

@faith He was referring to me (as in angelofice).

I'm already familiar with those channels but thank you for the recommendations and other help. I actually played exit path for the first time six minutes after it came out (that's what it said on ag at least), but you're right. I didn't really get into it until late '10 (its 2012 already now⦠it feels like yesterday). I know of some of the people before me, but I didn't know them or know a lot about them⦠so I might be asking stuff here about them.

As for actually getting videos from people⦠I don't know if that's going to work out so well, but I at least want pictures of what their characters/avatars/whatever the right word is in the context. Atm I'm picturing myself using the accessories and colors of different people and pretending to be them lol⦠It'd be great if we could bring some people back for a just a short time, but I'm honestly not to confident that will work out.

I'm gonna try anyway though.

So here's the list of people I plan on including so far⦠new people are missing I'm sure (I don't know how many new people there really are though) as well as old and others, so It'd be great if you guys could give me some names.

Also tell me if I mistakenly put someone on the list who doesn't play ep or something (some of the ghosts, i'm not sure who they are or if they are/were actually ghosts)
also let me know if I butchered anyone's name or if ive put someone twice (as in 2 of their accounts w/o putting them right next to each other with a slash)

in no particular order mostly copied of my friends list:

Rom0982, Snowrut, epicness, yck1509, Silvan, Plaer, Excitement1000, Dragon144, NontroppO, MusicMan102, NeverForgetMe, Malkoir, Joshua12323, MrCoffee, thebluerabbit, GhostOfRazgriz, GhostOfZero, GrayStorm, GhostOfAmazing (i can't remember who this isâ&brvbar, KrissKhan, NoobTrap, GhostOfMatrix, johnmerzm GhostOfMetal, ghostofHitMan (?), wezzeldurf, Lithe (lol), GhostOfPain, Faithpath, Zultimategamer2000, Legz, lunaticbrat/GhostOfWishes, Neckles1, 1000Words, FasterPlease, rawwr123/AngelOfTime, FeeNoMiNaL, ClaudioDeusEst, FastPlease, Nevin, mrTrippy, Bluetone, Ch0colate/AngelOfChoc, Waterutt, DonQuick, jackoo8080/AngelOfJack, machineofLight, AngelOfZen, exitpathisfun (there is some controversy imo over whether he was the one trolling⦠but i had quite a few matches with him soâ&brvbar, redleopard11, KnowLegend, Nabbit, SoccerGirl27, Milk, darwin37, madasahatter, â¦.
I know I've forgotten some people that I know, but this is what I'm starting with.

Maybe I'll include some nicknames for people (like razzles and the hundreds of others we've given raz :P).

Also could someone direct me to the generation post (it's in this topic, right?).

That's all for now I guess.

Thank you for your time.
Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

Yes generation discussions has been on this thread!

History lesson from Zero:
http://agi.armorgames.com/community/thread/6957720/general-exit-path-12-discussion/page/196

and some Generationlist made my Matrix:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6957720/general-exit-path-12-discussion/page/201
and like the following 5 pages

MiIk
MiIk
16 posts
Nomad

sorry guys my wiki and video work are screwed, one of the benefits of me being a little bitty kid is i can still be grounded... :P and your idea sounds great ice, go for it! Thanks to faith as well about the flowing techniques so on, thats how i imagined it was. On a random note... i watched zero's video, his old youtube one. Every cut down to an art... i started looking much closer and was more impressed, last time i saw it was idk how long, but for example on the axe level i noticed his attempt to jump b4 hitting teleporter, saving precious seconds, the video is more advanced than i originally gave it credit for.

princevladlin
princevladlin
24 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by that? Are you still going to work on it when you are no longer grounded? It was a good idea. If you still plan to follow through, I'd still be glad to offer my assistance. And what didn't you like about wikia?

Also, the big shortcuts aside, it is the little things that make or break your time. If you shave a second off every level, you cut down your time by thirty secondsâ¦. of course certain levels have a lot more room for improvement than others. But who am I to talk. Your time creams mine ^^

MiIk
MiIk
16 posts
Nomad

oh the ads and the layout, idk. i will try continue work at school and at library, itll be slower however, and the comps are too laggy for recording or even playing for that matter. ill probably be laying low for a while :P Dont forget about me guys! And btw, i had a brilliant uni run on a school computer yesterday morning... at level 30 (beginning) i had a time of 2.35, and then ran into the block and wasted all my flow. D: i tried to salvage using zero's ending technique and died. i dont care for the refresh glitch so i just erased my uni progress. but oh, the tragedy

MiIk
MiIk
16 posts
Nomad

im almost done with my uni vid! ta-ta! (luv saying that)

princevladlin
princevladlin
24 posts
Nomad

Just an update⦠this thread's pretty dark lately though. I'm really busy, so I haven't done anything more really. I'm just gonna work on it whenever i have time and see if it ever gets done.
I'll upload a "draft" to yt I guess sometime and see what you guys think.

princevladlin
princevladlin
24 posts
Nomad

everyone (except for those who don't which I guess would number few among those who seriously enjoyed exit path)

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

:*( i'm so sad... some of my besties left... josh, devilofpie, legz etc... I MISS JOSH SO MUCH!! :P but now josh i'm trying to fill in the space of where u were (i'm getting really good )

princevladlin
princevladlin
24 posts
Nomad

Didn't legz leave a long time ago?

Showing 2746-2760 of 2839