The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2838 804028
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,838 Replies
SpazAttackerz
SpazAttackerz
70 posts
Nomad

I honestly don't see the problem with the blood, its barely noticable and it might not even be blood, even though it probably is.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

So that was what people were talking about when they were talking about the removing the blood from EP. Obviously, I barely notice the blood, so it won't really matter for me whether the blood is there or not on EP2.

I honestly don't see the problem with the blood, its barely noticable and it might not even be blood, even though it probably is.

Go to John's site. You can see that there's blood on one of the saws which shows that when you die that blood will splatter places. I'd rather have him just keep it simple without blood splattering places. And he's making the game more gory then what it's supposed to be, the pieces flying places for about a second is fine when you die, but I'm not a fan of blood. Parents probably won't be letting their children play the game is there's blood on it, but if he puts an option to turn it off then it'll be fine.
strategyfox
strategyfox
11 posts
Nomad

i love the online for this game i cant wait for the secand but i think my favorite flash game has to be fancy pants

wezzeldurf
wezzeldurf
27 posts
Peasant

I just read in the comments on John's site..

"I opted to absolutely not inclide wall jumping... wall jumping just
frustrates the HELL out of new players and I have a feeling I'll just be making people mad." - John

bummer

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

I just read in the comments on John's site..

frustrates the HELL out of new players and I have a feeling I'll just be making people mad." - John

bummer

^signed

and I have choosen the not-so-nice version of this word for myself. Players beeing mad about wall jumps are just to sucky or lazy to learn them and seeing the beauty in this skill..........meh^(Pi*c)
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I was actually looking forward the wall jump since it's a new thing introduced to the game, but now it's not going to be on the game.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Go to John's site. You can see that there's blood on one of the saws which shows that when you die that blood will splatter places.

Faulty logic. Just because there's blood ON the saw doesn't mean blood will splatter, which is why I posted that friendly picture as a reminder. The first one had blood and no splattering either.

I hate to be the guy that goes: "Told you so", but from a simplicity standpoint and the sheer amount of people NOT using it, I can see the reasoning behind the decision.

Players beeing mad about wall jumps are just to sucky or lazy to learn them

Not the same as being frustrated. Someone that is completely new to the game will inevitably lose every match that knows how to do it. And since the game was never intended to have it,someone cannot learn this skill from the game itself without blind trial and error.

This ultimately causes frustration. Especially since there were players (Malk comes to mind) that liked playing and completely beating the newbies.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Faulty logic. Just because there's blood ON the saw doesn't mean blood will splatter, which is why I posted that friendly picture as a reminder. The first one had blood and no splattering either.

If there's blood on the saw in a map then it's most likely that a player hit it then the blood splattered onto it. I don't think John will randomly place blood on a map.
With that picture, it's a message.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Yeah, wall jumping annoys the hell out of the new players, but I think it also did a HUGE work raising the longevity of the game. Seriously, without shortcuts people would have got the perfect uniplayer run months ago.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

Seriously, without shortcuts people would have got the perfect uniplayer run months ago.
I agree and with the multiplayer maps, everybody would finish without shortcuts because even if someone gets the finish line early, it wouldn't be as early if you use shortcuts and all the other people would finish and it's fun when you knock someone out and they don't finish. But only if someone had an experience with Exit Path, if there's a new player, he or she wouldn't know much. Only from the uniplayer if he or she even did it first..
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

This ultimately causes frustration. Especially since there were players (Malk comes to mind) that liked playing and completely beating the newbies.

GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

Will the game have the same drive if there aren't any Madashatter's out there able to find fun ways to rise above the norm? Stay tuned! Believe in the John! :O Anyway, it'd be funny if the glitch was still there after all haha

HulkLogan
HulkLogan
158 posts
Nomad

I want double jumps and stuck glitch to remain in ep2 but if we incorporate wall jumping that will make anyone capable of jumping a wall; thus ruining the purpose of tricz. Tricz r crucial to me and I want them to still be hard to do.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

If there's blood on the saw in a map then it's most likely that a player hit it then the blood splattered onto it. I don't think John will randomly place blood on a map.
With that picture, it's a message.

You see the green rectangle on that picture? That IS the player (or more like the players hitbox I should say). Since he didn't even have a player model, I reeeeeeeaaaallly doubt he'd have something minor like blood effects when you die. Besides it still wouldn't explain the "black blood". Nothing so far to convince me it's anything but decoration. And who's to say those saws won't just be used in Uniplayer?

Yeah, wall jumping annoys the hell out of the new players, but I think it also did a HUGE work raising the longevity of the game

At the end of the day, the vast majority of players simply doesn't care. Of course you'd go for the easier option
jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

I'm a little bit devastated since I looked here and read that wall jumping will be gone. There is always the chance that there will be another kind of shortcut just as good. :-}
Well, it would be actually about the same because instead of winning of like 14 secs, it'll be like 20 secs without shortcuts or something and that'll be then normal speed.
Showing 1291-1305 of 2838