Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The border?

Posted May 1, '08 at 10:43pm

flashgamer233

flashgamer233

64 posts

What do you think? I think we shouldn't allow illegals to become citizens because hundreds(or even more) are trying to get into our country legally and it takes years for them to become citizens.

Posted May 2, '08 at 1:05am

DragonMistress

DragonMistress

1,141 posts

Knight

I think its sad that a country based on immigrants has now turned around and shut its doors to others. Granted, there needs to be some structure, and possibly an attempt at trying to help other countries so that it is not so bad there that they wish to live here, but I think that people should be more open minded on the subject.

Presently, there is a recession (call it what you will) and there is a high degree of unemployment, which I suppose speaks to this topic. If there are not enough jobs for Americans, surely there are not enough for other immigrants. I believe that we should be more open on the topic of allowing immigrants in, and expediate the process, so that the ones who come in illegally do not feel the need to do so.

Posted May 2, '08 at 1:10am

Skipper8656568

Skipper8656568

345 posts

http://www.alphapatriot.com/home/archives/2006/04/04/illegal_alien_fun_facts.php
costing us tons of money

Posted May 2, '08 at 3:46pm

SkullZero1

SkullZero1

524 posts

Illegal Imigrants are getting alot of the benifits of being citizens, but aren't paying taxes, thats why people are pissed. Im all for Imigration, hell im the first generation of my family who is born in america, my mom isn't even a citizen (a legal immigrant however) America would be nothing without immigrants, and i'd probly wouldn't be on this site right now, but I think the government should make it easier to become a citizen, I took a test in one of my classes in school where it was the same exact test the immigrants have to take to get in, and it was pretty hard to tell you the truth, and I was born in America.

Posted May 2, '08 at 9:34pm

rbombx2345

rbombx2345

28 posts

its all because of mexicans( no offense) i mean why do they want to go to america just stay in your own country. Like carlos mencia said soon there will be so much mexicans coming here that americans will go to mexico and the mexicans will sneak into mexico. I mean mexicans just stay in your own country. Thats what i hate they take all the jobs and stuff.

Posted May 2, '08 at 9:48pm

SkullZero1

SkullZero1

524 posts

its all because of mexicans( no offense) i mean why do they want to go to america just stay in your own country. Like carlos mencia said soon there will be so much mexicans coming here that americans will go to mexico and the mexicans will sneak into mexico. I mean mexicans just stay in your own country. Thats what i hate they take all the jobs and stuff.

You would agree that America is a good country, yes? better then Mexico? it's a hard life there America has a delicious capitalist way of society where money, if worked hard enough for, can be easier to obtain then in other country's. All immigrants have their own reasons, a lot of them, from all countries, were do to the hardships of their home country and that country all the way in north America wasn't dealing with problems like those.

...Thats what i hate they take all the jobs and stuff.

The majority of them take the jobs no one wants. I'm sorry if a Mexican took your summer job of mowing lawns and now you can't save up for that game or toy, and if your an adult, and sorry if one of them took your dream job of being a janitor. (No offense was meant in any of this, I didn't say all, I was implying the majority of illegal immigrants, not the majority of Mexicans in general)

Posted May 2, '08 at 11:58pm

flashgamer233

flashgamer233

64 posts

But what about the other people wanting to enter America legally?

Posted May 3, '08 at 12:02am

SkullZero1

SkullZero1

524 posts

But what about the other people wanting to enter America legally?

elaborate, i don't know what you mean.

Posted May 3, '08 at 3:11pm

flashgamer233

flashgamer233

64 posts

Like the other people who want to immigrate into America legally instead of crossing the border illegally

Posted May 3, '08 at 3:20pm

SkullZero1

SkullZero1

524 posts

Then they would try to fill out the correct forms to get here legaly instead of illegaly, its not like we ending immigration, its still posible to get here legaly, it's just the uneducated people who cant take the test who cant make it so they sneak into america and have their child born here so they are citizens and their next generation has a better life.

Reply to The border?

You must be logged in to post a reply!