ForumsWEPRThe border?

46 9964
flashgamer233
flashgamer233
62 posts
Nomad

What do you think? I think we shouldn't allow illegals to become citizens because hundreds(or even more) are trying to get into our country legally and it takes years for them to become citizens.

• 46 Replies
Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

*past the burritoes

flashgamer233
flashgamer233
62 posts
Nomad

But now is now. If Mexico wanted the land in the first place they shouldn't have sold it to us.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Wouldn't it benefit everyone more if we helped them establish a more stable economy? This way we wouldn't have so many illegals trying to cross over, it would be more like Canada to US. We need Mexico and we need them as an ally. They have strong influence on our culture already. I mean Budweiser is even jumping on the bandwagon. Bud Light con Lima.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

. What about he other illegals, like Chinese, Eastern European, middle eastern.

Because we are not having as big as a problem, mexico is our neighbor, it can cross into the us much easier because for those other countries they're going to have to ride a plane to america, and they check you alot over there, and taking a raft acros the atlantic or pacific ocean is just plain stupid. and we dont have a problem with Canada because of the point Asherlee made, canada has a stable economy they dont need to go to a country that barely has any diference in the economy.

Wouldn't it benefit everyone more if we helped them establish a more stable economy?

We would need to educate a lot of poor farmer children in order to do so, (you don't see illiterate business workers now do you?) a lot of farms are away from towns and only go there once a week to sell their goods, to them its not worth it to send their children there when they're just probobly gonna end up working on the farm, they need all the help they can get on the farm.
SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

I think that it should be allowed...
Its one of the many,many,many,many,many possible ends of USA...
Hear there are lot of Mexicans there...
FIGHT THE POWER!

csmith995
csmith995
42 posts
Nomad

to bad if you want to be a citizen so bad you can wait years its like stealing freedom to come into america illegaly and that is unamerican

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

to bad if you want to be a citizen so bad you can wait years its like stealing freedom to come into america illegaly and that is unamerican

what do they care? if their not american why would they mind being unamerican.
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to attack this issue like a rampaging dog.

Listen, For starters, there are people that make ANNUALLY 2,000 Dollars in THIS country. Those same people doing the SAME Job would 2,000 Pesos in Mexico. 2,000 Pesos is nothing, because it costs more pesos to buy something, because its value is weak. That same man in Mexico will be struggling for his life, while someone employing that man in america may need someone willing to work 2 thousand a year.

To be honest, we NEED illegal south American Immigrants. Americans in the General sense, people that "Need to live" because they have "Lives" ONLY would ruin this country. Because they ask for too high prices, and we all know it, those Immigrants keep the labor part of our country alive without needing slavery.

The problem on its own, though, is NOT to asses that we hate illegals. But they aren't documented, not known, and its ruining the organized part of the country up. Our government knows they could jus get oil from Mexico, It knows they could REALLY help the country out, but their slow and half-brain-dead. [As usual]
So where are we? Were left with the situation that americas economic and financial status is falling and we are screwing around.

Do NOT take the fact that this IS an Immigrant-open country's history to be something to deny that factor. We may have done that because America was large, it needed people, and it wasn't a racial country. It was a country to get started in, Live in, and havea normal life. [Not for blacks, though. Just caza history]
So I'm saying that at the moment, America is filled. I'm sorry to say this but overpopulation kills, and people know letting in Millions of Mexican and Illegal immigrants is doing things.

Its starting Racial Feuds, Its starting White being the lesser part of areas, and most of all its losing Jobs not to IMMIGRANTS. Its losing jobs to people who didn't fight or work for it, to get here with the hard work they were supposed to. Granted, some people werent' lucky enough. Granted, yes, jump the border, do a low-job but someones not gonna like it and we have to have some legalization on the process.

America is America, NOT the worlds best country. Because there never has been. America has its problems, it CAN get worse. We all know that. Its NOT Unamerican to come here illegaly, to be truthful, Ever since 1900 No one even cared if a few ppl came on boats to New York or something.. lol.
Anyway, What I'm pointing out is that the country is at a record-time low, and better jobs are being stolen, children are being born that are currently citizens.

Its great this is an Immigrant country, Its great that without them this country wouldn't have ran, but theres a limit. I do not WANT, Nor would I like America falling because we allowed all of Mexico to run in. It just wouldn't fit right, and we know it. As such, right now, the Border should be protected, people should come in Legally.
To be honest, what saddens me is that Mexicans are Lucky, though. There country is NOT as bad as many others, not to say some lives there aren't, but its sort of sad. They need to survive, and I hate the world on how its so country based, but theres a limit to the unfortunate and fortunate, and that has to be defined or life will come crashing down as we know it.

For now, protect the border but let Legals come in. Don't persecute right now Illegals. and finally, As much as I like Barack Obama I am hoping he will fail with his health care issue, because I can't stand making any Doctor in America telling an illegal Immigrant who may have a son thats a citizen that "Sorry, You can't come in this hospital.. Go die out there". It would hurt.
Also, to the issue of children, if your born in America its the end of it your a citizen. This country should NEVER be deviated to racial hate again. As such, be proud to be an American, no matter what you are. 'Sides, if one is a citizen and there fathers an illegal, there going to have a hard life anyway.

So I doubt theres going to be much problem on this, I just hope that the small Jobs don't die off. We need them as much as the middle class.

It comes down to it. Immigrants rule. Country's support. Not to say Citizens don't, either. lol. My parents themselves are legal Immigrants. Go them. xP

Finally, I'll say it again. Be proud of who you are, If your in America, consider yourself American. Though, you're more than that, you're a unique being with any heritage or way of life.

flashgamer233
flashgamer233
62 posts
Nomad

But they bring in drugs and crime (some of em anyway)

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Thats not very fair to generlize about illegal immegrants. Many of those that do turn to drugs and crime turn to them becuase the run out of any other options to help support themselves. Again it is not a very fair generlization I know a very nice family, whose parents are at risk of deportation, who have never commited a felony or done drugs, in this country at least. Many immagrants don't bring in drugs and crime.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

i think that they should not be allowed in under any circumstances

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

If you don't allow in any illegal immagrants then our infrastructure will suffer greatly. II(I'm not calling illegal Imagrants II for the shortness of it)take up jobs that we ourselves won't, garding garbage guys and such, we need them whether we like it or not. Now should they be allowed in and allowed to stay un-american citizens, no but we are tring to find ways to overcome that. Sometimes illegally immagrating is the only way. You don't even relize how hard it is to get into this country let alone become a citizen.

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Shortly, my opinion:

+ Make it easier to get legal immagration/green cards for future entry.

+ Enable an easy and respectable way for illegal immigrants already here to apply for citizenship.

+ Enforce stricter laws for illegal immigrants entering the country illegally.

It balances and compromises. You can't please everyone in an issue with no easy solution.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Wow Armed, I'm very impressed with your impassioned response. So impressed I actually read it all- it somehow manages to argue something that a Republican wouldn't ordinarily stand for yet incorporate more patriotic rhetoric than anything a Republican would say. Kudos.

Didn't Bush hope to implement an "amnesty" strategy to help the illegals already present in the US? What about the Republican suggestion of a 300M fence all along the US-Mexico border?

Not being a US resident, I can't see where all of this is heading- thoughts on specific policy, people?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oops, forgot the $US on the 300M. I meant a $300M US fence...though a 300M tall fence would also be exorbitant in more ways than one...

Showing 16-30 of 46