ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164460
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i personally use the arrlow keys but i can see why in some games the wasd are more comfortable. i think that in a game where you also have to use the mouse i would rather use the wasd. i think they made wasd an option so left handed people can play games in a more comfortable way. since i am pretty much both handed it doesnt matter for me and i can use any method but i do prefer the arrow keys

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys?

Arrow keys. Since I'm right-handed it's far more comfortable for me.
Why is WASD even an option?

For those that are left-handed.
Why are arrow keys so superior?

Only about 12-17% of the worlds population are left handed. So most people use the arrow keys.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Well, arrow keys when you have to use spacebar or other keys, and wasd when you need the mouse. But when you don't need any I prefer wasd even if I'm right handed, because I like to have the mouse in my hand even if it's not needed.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I prefer using the arrow keys but I use WASD too. I am not left-handed but I can perfectly play games using the left hand. I play Exit Path with the arrow keys although I play Raze with WASD

ExplosiveDynamite
ExplosiveDynamite
316 posts
Nomad

Yeah, the arrow keys are just easier to use, I hate games where the option is just the WASD keys.. I'm not good with my left hand much, but apparently, your left hand does more typing than your right, unlike me, I use 99% right hand, because I type with one finger and use left hand for shift and space.

wezzeldurf
wezzeldurf
27 posts
Peasant

I Play Exit Path with WASD and shift because i have to. I have some glitch - I cant press right arrow + shift or space + up arrow at the same time on my laptop, when i release shift the up arrow works :/ Ive tried the keyboard options and I didn't find a way to fix this problem, honestly i don't know much about computers. If anyone has some suggestion to fix this it will be appreciated.

kingjac10
kingjac10
243 posts
Nomad

I only use WASD when you have to use a mouse

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

oh yeah ki know this problem wezzeldurf. i have no idea how to fix it though sorry. in my keybaord i cant press left up and space. but since its the left arrow key it doesnt really bothering in that game

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I don't prefer either. I use each set based on other controls I have. If it is a comlex game I use WASD because all the other attacks and stuff I can do with my right hand.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

I always used to prefer the arrow keys, then as games shifted more and more towards WASD I adapted and now I find it much, much easier. It works well because it's comfortable, your left hand can rest in that position and access shift, space and the num/F-keys while your right hand controls the mouse.

I don't think I could ever go back to using the arrow keys now, unless it was the one and only option in a game.

foxyman6978
foxyman6978
128 posts
Nomad

I like WASD for two reasons...
1: I am left handed.
2: The mouse is on the right side of my computer so when using a gun you can run and shoot at the same time instead of having my hands all on the same side of the computer.

epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

i use WADS on everything..idk why im right handed..

sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

Yeah, the arrow keys are just easier to use, I hate games where the option is just the WASD keys..

actually the WASD control scheme was designed for games that require arrow keys and the mouse. its just easier if you use your mouse on the right side of the computer (which im sure most people do) plus its more comfortable, i prefer games with WASD
Diltis
Diltis
48 posts
Farmer

this topic is so useless ._.
but i prefer WASD keys

Hoffmnam
Hoffmnam
12 posts
Nomad

this topic is so useless ._.
but i prefer WASD keys