ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164676
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

also cause for most games WASD goes along with QE and F

NubaSlaya
NubaSlaya
28 posts
Nomad

like turtle man said, if your using a mouse it would be wasd unless your left handed then it would be arrow keys. if no mouse then arrow keys.

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

I mostly use WASD now a days because I use the mouse and the move keys at the same time, when I don't need to use both at the same time I use the arrow keys because I'm right handed.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

It all depends whether or not its a mouse and a keyboard game.It also depends on if you're left or right handed.

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

Mostly I use the arrow keys but if there is a game where I need to use the mouse also. WASD is acceptable, especially during Call of Duty.

jordanx120
jordanx120
43 posts
Nomad

i like to use the arrow keys i mosty only use the arrow keys

snappypinkie
snappypinkie
41 posts
Nomad

I normally use arrow keys if both options are available, due to the fact that I am right-handed. Some games that I play don't even have the option to use WASD keys, but just restrains the players to arrow keys.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

I only use WASD in MMORPGS or FPS so I can constantly have my right hand on the mouse.

ashley51093
ashley51093
2 posts
Nomad

I use the arrow keys. I'm right handed, so they're easier to use.

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

I use the WASD control only because it's on the left side of the keyboard and my mouse is on the right. So I don't have to play with my hands so close together.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
466 posts
Nomad

The only time I found myself using the WASD keys is in Dude and Zombies because 1 hand is on all keyboard controls and my other hand is on the mouse.

mariusra
mariusra
39 posts
Nomad

WASD is way much better for me.

yasko62
yasko62
52 posts
Nomad

Im Right Handed And Use The WASD Keys

rat_morningstar
rat_morningstar
1 posts
Nomad

i play a lot of FPSes so my right hand's on my mouse most of the times, so i prefer to use the "wasd" keys
then again, azerty keyboard, so wasd is a major pain in the *** and i mostly end up using the arrows

superpickle
superpickle
689 posts
Peasant

I far prefer WASD because it frees up the keyboard for so much more; the surrounding keys can be hotkeys for lots of cool stuff if you play an RPG or FPS, which I seem to mostly do. You need one hand for the mouse, and being righthanded it means if I used arrow keys I'd be very limited with the keyboard.

Showing 151-165 of 537