ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164497
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
gamer_of_the_games
gamer_of_the_games
3 posts
Nomad

it depends on the game if I have to use the mouse or not if mouse wasd but no mouse arrow keys

lark774
lark774
3 posts
Nomad

I used to use arrow keys, but TF2 only allowed WASD ( at the time i had no idea i could change the settings) So i grew into it and learned that it was much more comfortable.

brickbeard
brickbeard
520 posts
Farmer

HAHAHAHA i'm left handed and i use arrow keys seriously. Why do people think that every left hander uses WASD keys???

muhtadaa
muhtadaa
19 posts
Nomad

WASD.

muhtadaa
muhtadaa
19 posts
Nomad

Btw, I'm right handed, however its not hard pushing buttons, its not an art.

muhtadaa
muhtadaa
19 posts
Nomad

I used to use arrow keys, but I find WASD more comfortable since your hand is not so close to my house, since I'm right handed, it also allows you to each other keys MUCH faster.

muhtadaa
muhtadaa
19 posts
Nomad

Correction -
I used to use arrow keys, but I find WASD more comfortable since my hand is not so close to my mouse, since I'm right handed, it also allows you to each other keys MUCH faster.*

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I'm yoused to use WASD because one hand on the left and the right hand(for the mouse)

dan7045
dan7045
1 posts
Nomad

wasd if you use the mouse and arrow key for keyboard use

SloanerBoner
SloanerBoner
48 posts
Nomad

I used to play Right Handed (therefore used the Arrow Keys)... But since I write with my left, it is easier for me to used the WASD keys.

always
always
36 posts
Nomad

If I can, I choose WASD.

Tularius638
Tularius638
8 posts
Shepherd

I tend to use the WASD set up, because I like to keep my other hand on my mouse. Even if the game doesn't use the mouse, years of playing WoW and LoL have marked that as the most comfortable position for my hands. WASD also allows me to rest me left thumb comfortably on the space bar, which I find is used in a lot of games.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Its arrow keys for me and i think that's because i'm right handed. But i don't like it when some games are only WASD. I just find it more comfortable to use arrow keys and easier if you have a game witch is fast and you need concentrate. I find i mess up more with WASD controls.

dank40
dank40
109 posts
Nomad

When a mouse is involved, I use WASD.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Just like dank40, I use WASD when I use mouse. It's like FPS shooters. Arrow keys are harder than WASD (IMO) unless you're really good at using arrow keys and mouse. It depends on one's self.

Showing 196-210 of 537