ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164631
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
SazerX
SazerX
38 posts
Nomad

I think WASD is better when you have to switch weapons a lot

Liivoja
Liivoja
33 posts
Nomad

For me WASD is more comfortable than arrow keys.

dotcommer
dotcommer
60 posts
Nomad

depends on the controls. if you need a mouse to aim or something, making a game with WASD may be a pretty sweet idea for those with laptops, for the guys with desktops, it doesn't really matter, I don't think.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I prefer arrow keys usually of WASD.
I guess just because I'm right handed, and it's easier for me to control them. I sometimes stutter in action games when using the WASD buttons.

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

For game without the use of a mouse, I use the Arrow Keys but for shooters like Raze where you actually use the mouse, I use the WASD keys. They are more comfortable for me any way I look at it.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

WASD is the best it not only gives you better postioning on the keyboard but it allows a easier transition if you have to use the number keys

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

WASD if I have to use mouse. But I do admit it's a lot more convenient.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Well, out of random loyalty, I was at first leaning toward the arrows keys, but I realize now that WASD is much better for a few reasons:

1) There are other keys nearby, usually having functions of themselves. So, the key placement is more practical because other keys are right there.

2) For me, these keys leave my right (dominant) hand open to the mouse, when it is required.

So, now I know that WASD is better.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

WASD for me, But that only changed when I played first-person-shooter games, as it would never had worked with anything else

emolovesblack
emolovesblack
40 posts
Nomad

i tend to use wasd even though im right handed idk y tho

StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

I use WASD when I need to use a mouse or got something signed to number keys - then i can play with one hand unless the mouse is completely necessary
arrow keys go when I use touchpad, it's a tad more convenient then

TazManiac7
TazManiac7
25 posts
Bard

WASD are very convenient when the mouse has to be used. This is for right handed people of course. Left handed people use the mouse with their left hand and therefore use the arrow keys.

If no mouse is needed, then it is the arrow keys for right handed ppl, and WASD for the lefties. No one is superior, it is merely a matter of comfort.

Eli1010
Eli1010
274 posts
Nomad

I always use wasd

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I use the arrow keys except when I need a mouse in addition to the arrow keys/WASD (such as Elephant Quest) or if the game requires WASD (such as Bubble Tanks). Also:

WASD are very convenient when the mouse has to be used. This is for right handed people of course. Left handed people use the mouse with their left hand and therefore use the arrow keys.

If no mouse is needed, then it is the arrow keys for right handed ppl, and WASD for the lefties. No one is superior, it is merely a matter of comfort.

What I quoted is logical, and I also follow what I just quoted (I am right handed).
Ignatovsky
Ignatovsky
10 posts
Nomad

I use arrow keys.. They are easier for me to use...

I'm left handed so I think that makes sence

Showing 121-135 of 537