ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164545
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
ITheNormalPerson
ITheNormalPerson
731 posts
Nomad

WASD, for about any game, but I have played some games with arrow keys. I don't know why, since i'm right handed, but i prefer WASD.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

WASD for games like Armor Mayhem and Raze that require me to use my right hand for the mouse pad then left for the keys. I will tell you, it can get rather awkward playing games like that. Especially if you're like me and never use the WASD keys.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

I use the arrow keys if I need to use the normal keyboard for something, but WASD if I need to use the mouse.

darthdave9
darthdave9
110 posts
Nomad

I'm right handed and I always use wasd when I can

ipyroball
ipyroball
11 posts
Jester

Arrow keys and wasd helps me because when w,a,s, or d is broken I have arrow keys

braheehinny
braheehinny
39 posts
Nomad

I am right handed but I still love WASD WAYYYYYY better. Strange, huh?

MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

I think that the reason why they let you use the WASD and the arrow keys is so that you can find your most comfortable gaming style. I prefer the WASD keys because then if can use the shift, Ctrl, and space bar if needed, and the mouse with my right hand. In my opinion though, no keys are superior. It all depends on the person.

terminator4ever
terminator4ever
19 posts
Farmer

arrow keys r more comfortable for me

serbstriker
serbstriker
36 posts
Nomad

WASD because I'm used to it from playing to many RPG's. Also with WASD you have the z,x,c,q,e (etc.) keys to press with your left hand so you can use those for other stuff. I am right-handed but i still think that WASD is far superior to arrow keys.

hombrenalga
hombrenalga
13 posts
Nomad

its better to use wasd keys because even if u r right handed you need to use more keys in most of games so if you can adapt your hand to juse wasd keys then you can use ur better hand to press attack keys or use mouse

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

If there is mouse controls I like WASD because I WASD with my left hand and mouse with my right hand. If there is no mouse then I use arrow keys.

ehsbobcats
ehsbobcats
13 posts
Nomad

if ur leftie or righty it matter, but wasd is better

OgFux69
OgFux69
67 posts
Nomad

I'm Right Handed but WASD is my choice

Than the right hand stays free for the mouse or other buttons

WhitePerson
WhitePerson
21 posts
Nomad

I'm left handed and i prefer mouse & wasd in 3d games
But i use the arrow keys in flash games

Garrus7
Garrus7
9 posts
Nomad

Jeah that's the way it is, i use my mouse and the WASD together, but i i dont need them i lay back and take care of the ArrowKey's.

MFG Azrael

PS: i am also right-handed ^^

Showing 31-45 of 537