ForumsThe TavernName Anagrams!

51 29325
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

An anagram is a word created by rearranging the letters in another word. They can be fun, especially when applied to names.

For example, my name (in real life) is an anagram of "A Learned Worm", which I find quite fitting. My AG name is an anagram of Darken and Ark End.

So, I thought, wouldn't it be nice if we had a thread where we post ORIGINAL* (that means your own creations) anagrams, preferably of names?

Of course, if you're posting an anagram of your real name, don't actually post your name, because people on the internet are trying to kill you and whatnot. Better yet, just anagram-ize your AG screen name.

A useful tool:
Anagram Generator

Also, you can come up with anagrams for famous people.

Anthony Burgess = Nearby Gunshots

Have fun!

*Please don't spam this thread with lists of bad anagrams, or famous anagrams that anyone can find on the internet.

• 51 Replies
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Ok, So! I'm glad to see this thread is having moderate success. There have been some great anagrams posted (Machines Learn being my favorite so far) and some... not so great anagrams. But that's okay!

Because, you see, I have some tips, of the helpful variety.

1) Play with word order. The generator just spouts out words. Sometimes (almost always) they're just gibberish. You usually have to rearrange the words yourself to give them meaning.

For instance: Vontje's anagram "envy no" obviously works better as "No Envy"

2) If you don't get very many good results, just add words to your name.

For instance:
I am [insert name]
[insert name], the man/woman
[insert name] is
The [insert adjective] [insert name]
{insert name] of [insert place]

etc.

Picking the right word(s) to add require a little finesse. Just randomly inserting words into the generator will be much too time consuming. Rather, look at the anagrams of your name alone, and try to think about which letters are needed to make it better.

Example:
My AG screen name, aknerd, is short for AK Nerd, which is short for Alaskan Nerd. But, more importantly, it's an anagram of "R naked".

Which means nothing. But "r" is just two letters from another word, "ran"

So, I add the "an" to both sides, and:

An AK nerd ran naked.

Shazam!

A complete sentence and an anagram.

REMINDERS
Just post a few good anagrams at a time, not lists of gibberish spouted by the generator.

Also, you can do names other than your own as well! (please, no AG members without permission.)

silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

I can't find any non-generator-crap anagrams for my name at all.
Love Is Mr No is the best one is found XD. There are some cool words, but no full phrases that I like.

iko
iko
161 posts
Nomad

Well, I have found a problem with my short name on armor games. Koi is all I got and it's not a real word (coy is the correct spelling)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Koi is a real world. It is the name of the colorful carp.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Prank Me Oven Zit

is one of my anagrams.

jasonxtk
jasonxtk
68 posts
Nomad

Ninjas Eco Week
Jack Weenie Son

lol

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

I got mars ostrich as one of my names.

My other name i got Bleeds Veg out

This was really funny

iko
iko
161 posts
Nomad

My name only got Jerk Nor. And thanks for telling me Koi is a real word. I thought it was, but spell check said it wasn't

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Human Neglect
Chalet Gunmen
Change Elm Nut
Entangle Much
Channel Me Gut
Enchant Leg Um
Clean Gem Hunt
Came Then Lung
Clang Hen Mute
Launch Gem Net
Lag Etch Em Nun

All these were created with my real name. Of course this isn't all of it.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I finally found a good one XD

Creepy Pencil Hurler. Yeaaah.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I got 2128 results for my name.
I'll just post some random ones. There are too many too look at to find a good one.
A Darn Valor Jock Jenny
A Rand Valor Jock Jenny
Jackal Jar Vend Nor Yon
Jackal Jar Nod Nervy No

silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

My new favorite=Evil Morons. Ha, this is no coincidence, people!

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

27 results for my username? That's good cause I can post them all here!

Fared Irk
Drake Fir
Raked Fir
Darker If
Dark Rife
Dark Fire
Faker Rid
Freak Rid
Fear Dirk
Fare Dirk
Fakir Red
Far Irked
Ark Fried
Ark Fired
A Dirk Ref
Ad Ref Irk
Fad Re Irk
Dark Ref I
Dark Re If
Fa Red Irk
Fa Kid Err
Fa Dirk Re
Far Ed Irk
Far Kid Re
Ark Ed Fir
Ark Red If
Ark Id Ref

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I ran 'GhostOfMatrix' and got over seven thousand results. I won't even bother looking at those names.
I ran 'Matrix' and got eight results, so I'll post them.
Matrix
Tram Xi
Mart Xi
Tar Mix
Art Mix
Rat Mix
Tax Rim
Ax Trim

Linktopast30
Linktopast30
109 posts
Jester

Man, I can't find any anagrams for my name that make any sense. I did find one somewhat funny one:
Mac Chief Jeer

Because my name has a J in it, it really throws a wrench in the works. All the other letters in my name are pretty common and can be used in lots of words.

I just found a funny one for my favorite display name (McAfreak):
Cake Farm

Here's a few funny ones for Linktopast. I had to pass it through several filters to get rid of useless words, and I could still only sift through them to find these two:
Pintos Talk
Tank Pilots

Even when using the advanced tool, it still uses a lot of obscure words. I chose to use English, not English using obscure words (I double checked). Also, the filter to not include certain words only works to a point. I can't get it below 463 anagrams now if I want to use two-letter words as the minimum. With three-letter words and up, I can narrow it down.

Showing 31-45 of 51