ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Rendering

18 4635
bugsolomon
bugsolomon
1 posts
Nomad

Is Anyone Out There?

Well, I guess you're reading this.

You might wonder why I'm posting bits of my blog on an AG forum. It's pretty simple: because nobody reads my blog. Maybe they search for my name, but my website isn't even in the top three thousand search results for "Doug Solomon."

Unlike a hundred other blogs, all written by people pretending they're me. But I'm the genuine article:

* the kid with the $100,000 reward on his head, even though he's only got $40 to his name.
* the kid featured on America's Most Dangerous, even though he's not guilty.

Maybe you've heard of me. Maybe you think I killed my aunt. You think I'm a fugitive from justice, a homicidal maniac, or a domestic terrorist.

A thirteen-year-old driven crazy by video games.

Or maybe you're not sure. Maybe you're one of those conspiracy theorists who don't believe everything they see on TV. Maybe you think I'm innocent. That I didn't bomb the Center, that I didn't kill anyone.

The only problem is, if you think that, you probably also think the explosion originated from an alien mother ship.

Yeah, the only people who believe I'm not a killer also believe in flying saucers.

Well, I'm not an alien and I'm not a psycho or a terrorist.

Sure, I'm currently living under a fake name, in an undisclosed location, but I'm just an ordinary kid.

At least, I was.

• 18 Replies
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure this is creeping me out... Is this creeping you out? Is anyone else creeped out?

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Im pretty sure this is made up. Even if he does provide a link to his "blog".

DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure somebody should comment on his profile to ask: What the hell?

Am I the one to do it?

No... No volunteers? Help, atleast?

You guys suck... Leave all the work, sure...

*mumbles*

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I think this is his art. Maybe it's sort of like how some people do crazy stuff in public and call it an art. You know, people who think that anything that's unusual and/or provocative is art.

Maybe this is the introduction to a story he is writing. A prologue, or maybe the first chapter. The title in bold would confirm this. Maybe he will be posting another chapter soon, and we'll get to follow it like a real blog, only that it's made up. It would be an extremely clever way of writing a story. There are plenty of stories which give the illusion of that the main character was writing a diary or a journal, and that it is this you read. This might just be a modern version of it, using a blog, and the fact that he gives it one post at the time will make it feel like we're actually following the person live. Quite clever, if that's the case, especially since we do not know.

Or maybe he's just trolling.

I believe, and hope, it is option number two.

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Ok, wait. I looked around a bit, and I found some links. I'm not sure if they matter, but....

This one.

It's a book, apparently.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Wait, you want him to be trolling???

No, that was the third option.

#1 He believes art = weird.
#2 It's a really clever story in which we get to follow him "live", in blog format.
#3 He's trolling.

Though, after checking IcyIndia's links, it looks like he's just posting from said book. A book which story wasn't very realistic, and thus not very likely to trick people into believing it is true. A bit disappointing to find out, really.
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh so he is practically copying the book... Well thats just Illegal...

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Kudos for his screen name though. 'Bug' sounds like 'Doug'...

It could also be advertising. I checked the first link, and it seems he just copied the 'hack' on the website.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

It could also be advertising. I checked the first link, and it seems he just copied the 'hack' on the website.

Yeah. Trying to make us curious enough to go search for it, and find the book on our own. If it's advertisement, it's quite clever, especially since he left out any links or references to the book. Wouldn't be surprised if there were similar threads on other gaming websites, but I'm too lazy to go find some.
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

Hmmmm... Clever, ain't he?

Lets kill him....

Just kidding, clever advertising is clever... Also I am pretty sure he is NOT a newbie, Icy... Just went to advertise his book and off he went... Would be surprised if he actually made another post/thread/comment on AG...

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Not a newbie? He has no rank...

Not a newbie as in not someone who recently joined this forum for the purpose of actually being active in this forum. Deadly, and I as well, thinks he just made the account to make the post, then disappear never to be seen again!

Or, at least never to post anywhere but in this thread.
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

Which is super clever marketing hurray!

If mods lock this I will rebel!

let clever advertising progress!

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

let clever advertising progress!

Advertisement is still against the rules.

But then again, we don't know for sure if it is advertisement or not yet, could be that more of it is coming... A chapter or two, ending with a big cliffhanger, making us want to buy the book to know what'll happen... Though, I've got the feeling that if he was planning to do so, he'd put more on his profile. Still just guessing though. Not much else we can do.
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

But dance...

Cos all I do is dance...
We need a gun...
To keep ourselves from harm
The poor people are burnin' selves in the sun...
They ain't got a chance
They ain't got a chance
I don' need a gun...
Cause I don' murder man...
All I do is dance...
Yeah, all I can do is dance...

Man, I love gorrilaz

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

If anything, this thread is going to be locked for spam and off-topicness. Case and point, the post above me.

Showing 1-15 of 18