ForumsGames[Necro] Hack Slash Crawl

144 95320
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

What's the best race and attributes and titles in your opinion? Also what weapons and armor go best with that choice?

I like mages myself, and bolting enemies before they even reach me. I also use "Shield" sometimes.

• 144 Replies
hombrenalga
hombrenalga
13 posts
Nomad

the best combination is kitilid (the bug head) anf fighter because u start with some pretty good spells and when u lvl up fighter class gives u really good armor and stamina

JesusLovesTacos
JesusLovesTacos
10 posts
Nomad

I played with a golem reaper. It wasnt that bad I must say. got to the 11th floor then died lol

ProfElectrogadget
ProfElectrogadget
4 posts
Nomad

What do rings do? Or are they just for selling?

oscar123450
oscar123450
1 posts
Nomad

i got really far with a werewolf wanderer, really high stamina, some monster couldn`t even get my life down, as i recuperated life faster then i was receiving damage, i died ith like, 60k mana pearls o.o

i would like to know, what stats you guys use more? when leveling up, and chosing weapons, for exemple

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

What do rings do? Or are they just for selling?

Some rings have spells or stat boosts. The ones that don't have them do nothing, so just sell them.
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

I used a werewolf something. I forget but I got a serated sword and red armour helm and nothing could kill me. I finally got bored and quit playing.

ProfElectrogadget
ProfElectrogadget
4 posts
Nomad

I'm using a Werewolf wanderer because of Oscar's post, and it's working well. Anyone else have a good race-class combo?

BlackGoat
BlackGoat
18 posts
Nomad

most "spells" you can get throughout the game by items, so best pick a race with some generic ability, like the vampire's life steal...

I personally made a werefolf necromancer which worked out pretty well.
Take a pick, the variety is pretty wide

ipyroball
ipyroball
11 posts
Jester

hack slash crawl is fun but it just needs a "save" button

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

I prefer the lightwielders due to having the ability to heal from the start.

I though so too, but when I played, I just found myself using heal like 2 or less times in a level, usually agains bosses.

Btw shield is really nice in bosses, since they usually do much damage per attack.

And how you fight agains multiple enemies?I havent so much problem until cave 5 ot was in 6, when in some room all enemies were so close together!And boss was at next to starting place, I went too close, it follows me, I run to room all enemeis follow me, them I got another room, still more enemis and... DEAD! >
xXeterXx
xXeterXx
9 posts
Nomad

i haven't tryed it but i tihink i will

cabba
cabba
93 posts
Nomad

I found that maxing out on willpower and intellect is the best. Well, since it takes so long till you get a good melee weapon. At level 40 I looted an axe with 80-139 atk. xD Being a melee user would be pretty sweet at that point but I hadnt gave a single level in strength on my character

DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

A good combination (as already mentioned) is the Atlantian Magus - you got 2 different spells to deal with everything. Of course you can get spells via equipment but what if you get better loot? Then you lose your spells. Freezing Wind is the best spell in the game, because it has the best mana/damage-ratio and as time stops if you cast, you can do infinite dps. So it is wise to invest the first 12 levels mainly in willpower - you may need 20 casts for huge bosses but hey - you got the time. The problem with being a fighter are the opponent mages who can heal each other up once in a bundle.

Does anyone have an idea what to do in order to get all the titles? I think it would be nice to list them all:

Nudist, Nonviolent, Ascetic, Humbled
Killer, xxx, Explorer, xxx
xxx, Brave, Dauntless, Deadly
Bonebane, xxx, xxx, Wise
Intelligent, Iron Skin, Spelunker, Experienced
xxx, xxx, Legendary, xxx
Indomitable, xxx, Genius, xxx
Bonemaster, Abyssal, xxx, Devastating

I'd really like to complete this list, help would be appreciated^^

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

I just played with Vampire reaper, And I did it pretty good (well that might be caused also by that that now I how to play wisly).Crital hit-spell is nice, but you get 2 often at start so that isnt so nice...But using charge+critical hit proves its usefullness

G_SuS
G_SuS
11 posts
Blacksmith

@finn
what level have you reached? later you cant just charge because too many enemies stand to each other and there are also few mobs u cant charge because they charge you

will try the willpower upgrade only

above deavastating is lethal(+3str/int)

Showing 16-30 of 144