Forums

ForumsFlash Games

[Necro] Hack Slash Crawl

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 12:02am

VorpalS

VorpalS

9 posts

Once you reach late game, keep 100% ice resist (on rings if possible) and go for the highest armor possible since most damage at this point is physical(elemental damage doesn't seems to scale much late game).

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 1:55am

DrZaius

DrZaius

59 posts

Nudist - +8 ARMOR when wearing no armor
Nonviolent - +2 Sta
Ascetic - +1 all stats when inventory is empty
Humbled - +2 Will
Killer - +1 Str/Int
Hoarder - +2 ARMOR when inventory is full
Explorer - +1 Sta/Will
Traveled - +5% run speed
Stone Skin - +1 ARMOR
Brave - +1 ARMOR for each enemy over 2 when surrounded
Dauntless - +2 ARMOR for each enemy over 2 when surrounded
Deadly - +2 Str/Int
Bonebane - +50% Dmg to skeletons
Strong - +3 Str
Tough - +3 Sta
Wise - +3 Will
Intelligent - +3 Int
Iron Skin - +2 ARMOR
Spelunker - +2 Sta/Will
Experienced - +1 All Stats
Marathoner - +10% run speed
Steel Skin - +3 ARMOR
Legendary - +2 All Stats
Herculian - +5 Str
Indomitable - +5 Sta
(name unknown but bonus pretty probable) - +5 Will
Genius - +5 Int
Lethal - +3 Str/Int
Bonemaster - 20% Chance any skeleton that sees you will temporarily be charmed
Abyssal - +3 Sta/Will
Epic - +3 All Stats
Devastating - +5 Str/Int

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 11:42am

64 posts

Has anyone else hit a glitch where the screen freezes up, but your XP just keeps going up and up? I was seeing how far I could upgrade but it was starting to get very very laggy.

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 12:45pm

WastedGunner

WastedGunner

1 post

So, nobody seems to have noticed this exploit, but people have talked about the scenario somewhat.

VorpalS mentioned a few times to get 100% cold res. I disagree, get >100%

You then ABSORB MANA instead of hp. Get a heal spell, and even with bad healing you can just train 4-5 of those ice guys each level and spam healing, voila an immortal melee character.

I got to level 30 like this, then accidentally checked my email ont he same tab as the game.

Still though, i had 115% cold rez, and never got close to dieing.

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 1:48pm

Solace

Solace

2 posts

First off, skeletons seem to quickly hit a max level, unless your int gives them more hp or something. If you want to go summoner for triple skeleton distractions, that's not bad, and you don't need much int to pull it off.

Second, although both the vampire and demon basically get a damage boost, the vampire's ability does stack with the crit skill, but the demon's doesn't. Because of that, and because the little bits of stats you can get in the beginning don't matter much after a while, I recommended a vampire for any melee class. Also, crit doesn't work with charge, sadly.

Third, if there's a battle you're worried about, or just like to be prepared, cast skeleton, crit, and shield before you go into combat, since they stick around without drawing aggro, and you mana regens crazy fast between battles.

Fourth, charmed enemies are stupid. Unless you have a lot of mana, I wouldn't bother, because they usually either ignore things attacking you, or aggro things not attacking you.

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 4:28pm

VorpalS

VorpalS

9 posts

The problem with demon(and spells) is that the damage scales with stats instead of weapon damage so once you start getting very powerful weapons, the damage you get from demon or spells quickly falls behind.

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 4:43pm

DrZaius

DrZaius

59 posts

But once you have enough willpower to be able to cast a bolt 1000 times per second without running out of mana, you won't have any problems. The problem with meelees is that are very weak against charging enemy bosses (with creeps around). At this stage of game there comes the point where good playing doesn't suffice and you have to have luck how the rooms are filled. As a mage you can always deal - you know - infinte damage in almost no time.^^

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 4:48pm

VorpalS

VorpalS

9 posts

Just learn to pull, don't run blindly in a group of enemies... and that's game time not real time.

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 4:51pm

VorpalS

VorpalS

9 posts

And as I mentioned, you become invincible at some point anyway, the only part where you may die is like around 150k pearls, once you get high enough you just can't die.

Posted Jan 31, '11 at 5:03pm

VorpalS

VorpalS

9 posts

With a quick comparison, at 1.2 mil somebody said he was dealing 350 damage a bolt, at the same level I was hitting for maybe 1500 so you'd need to do about 8-10 clicks per second to match a melee character's damage in real time, and 1.2mil is quite low, and things only get worse as it goes on since melee damage increase much faster than spell damage.