ForumsSupport ForumUndo Mod's Work?

20 5197
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well I was just thinking about what had happened to Switchfoot, and how he could have almost have been a Mod. So I just thought that Admins should have the power to undo a Mod's work. For example, just like Switchfoot did, some crazy guy manipulates everybody and just starts being super good and finally he is asked to be a Mod. After a couple days he goes crazy and decides to delete every topic, comments, and stuff. Once they take care of him, they should be able to undo all his bad doings, so he didn't ruin the site. I know that think isn't really helping users, but it's a really smart backup idea, just encase something this insane actually happens.

• 20 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

That was actually Asherlee's (I think) theory. He was trying to become a mod, so he could totally take down the site. He probably couldn't do that much, but he could do some dammage.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I think that's a great idea. But it sounds kind of complicated to undo a mod's work if they do a lot to the website. I think the most they can do is be careful who is made into a mod or maybe give them less power. It's kind of scary that Switchfoot could have ruined the site if he was a mod.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Actually as a Mod you could completed ruin this site by a lot. You would be able to delete a whole bunch of topics, and just delete comments randomly. It's a lot of power, and if abused, it's very dangerous, haha.

DonkeyKong13
DonkeyKong13
65 posts
Nomad

i agree with you

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Yea, I'm for an idea to be very carful for whos a mod. I supported switch as a mod. and it was a very scary wakeup call when he turned out the way he did.
For un-doing a mods. work that would be a good power to give a mod. in case something like the switchfoot thing came up and the guy was actually succesful but I don't think it should be given to normal people like us.(I don't think anyone actually put that in but whatever)

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I like the idea, I mean im not sure if he hacked or not. But there was a stickied thread that said: "Diz will be cool" So I agree, and yeah there is this guy who could be Swtichfoot/fallingup, really aby spammer could be him, and I to was going for the fact that he should have been a mod, but slowly I started to wounder because I saw a merit worthy comment by you Nick copied by switchfoot and the olny difrence, One word added, that was nice! And it was right above yours!

I mean I thought it could be a glitch, but in my mind I knew something was wrong.

So yeah I support the idea!

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

ya that will b good idea

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

You say it like he was actually going to become a moderator... yes, a lot of people suggested it, but were they actually considering it? They knew all along he was FallingUp, I don't think he was ever really trusted in the upper ranks of the moderators...

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Great Idea Nick!

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well I'm not just talking about Switchfoot. I'm talking about anybody that is incredible at manipulating and does that sort of thing.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, to make it clear, he was not going to be a moderator. There was too much suspicion around him for us to give him any power on the site. Dan is very careful about who he chooses.

But this perhaps is a good idea. I just wanted to make it clear that it was not going to happen with him.

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

good idea

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

As Carlie said, there was no way for him to become a moderator.
As soon as he created his new account, we were almost sure he was FallingUp.
But the backup idea is good...in case Dan decides to add new moderators.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Actually, wouldn't backing up forum + site data periodically be standard practice already? Rogue moderators and hackers/spammers etc. aren't the only dangers to these places...server wipeouts etc. have been known to cripple entire communities!

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

OMG!
We are still on the sitchfoot thing?
Good lord.
Hes my friend and all, but comon this is way to much drama for a game site.

Showing 1-15 of 20