ForumsSupport Forumsubmiting

11 2668
rockynick
rockynick
37 posts
Nomad

When you submit a game your game file must be an SWF what doe this mean?

• 11 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

When do you save a flash game, you'll get a .fla file, which you can use to modify the game, and a .swf file, which is the game and nothing else.
No offense, but usually every game dev knows that.

PipkinGames
PipkinGames
4 posts
Nomad

I have a same problem. Error "Your game file must be an SWF" while submitting a game. I select SWF file of course, but... What should I do?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

SWF is the compiled version of your game

PipkinGames
PipkinGames
4 posts
Nomad

I know, trust me.
I realy select compiled SWF file, but receive this error.

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

When do you save a flash game, you'll get a .fla file, which you can use to modify the game, and a .swf file, which is the game and nothing else.
No offense, but usually every game dev knows that.

ty for that i didn't know that

right anyway. it seems that its quite a wierd problem tbh.
i would recommend removing the file, then removing it from recycle bin, then restarting your pc, then re loading the file again, then attempt to re-run the process i hope this helps and it is what i would do
brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

oh and also make sure that you have the latest flash player and possibly java platform or somthing like that from java.

it might help but even if it doesn't it won't do any harm will it lol

PipkinGames
PipkinGames
4 posts
Nomad

I do not understand, you're joking or not.
I really have a problem uploading game. It was successfully uploaded to several other portals, it is new game "Layer Maze 2".

scs621
scs621
7 posts
Nomad

open the fla file and press Ctrl+Enter then you get your swf file(fla file must be saved)

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

I do not understand, you're joking or not.

i wasn't joking that is exactly what i would do.
Pedja
Pedja
1 posts
Nomad

I get the same bug, even after restarting computer and clearing browser cache. And just to avoid suggestions like "swf file is... blah, blah", yes I know what a swf file is. There is a bug in submission form. I am using Mac and firefox, if that helps.

PipkinGames
PipkinGames
4 posts
Nomad

Yes, it is a Firefox bug! I have succesfully submitted the game using IE. Thanks, Pedja, your post was the most helpful.

Showing 1-11 of 11