ForumsPopular MediaArmor Games's Official Mumu Player

21 8515
parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

Info:
Mumu Player is a really interesting site a friend showed me that is, basically, a chatbox that lets you make a playlist with songs you have on your computer that everyone on the chatbox can listen to. That's why I made a Mumu Player for us Armorgamers to go to and share our music.

Rules:
1.- Mumu Player, however, has some problems. The first one is that everyone, not only the uploader, can remove songs from the player. That's why you are NOT allowed to delete, skip, or change the position of the songs unless the uploader and/or the majority of the chatbox allows it.

2.- The chatbox can only hold up 5 people logged in at the same time, which is ridiculously small. Because of this, if you are in the chatbox, you must be active. You ARE NOT allowed to leave the tab in the background or not pay attention to it, since another person might want the place in the chatbox you are not using. Also, everyone has the same right to be on the chatbox, and you aren't allowed to ask anyone out because you want someone else to log in.

3.- Respect other members' music tastes. Avoid genre discussion fights or at least keep them healthy.

4.- You are allowed to post whatever music you want, but please level yourself in not-so-popular genres like Grindcore that not many people enjoy.

5.- Last, but not least, you are not allowed to swear, flame, or post non-PG-13 stuff in the chatbox. Be joyful, my friends! Don't fight (or be excessively disturbing).
----------------------------------------

With that being said, the link!
Armorgames's Official Mumu Player

Be joyful and have fun mis amigos.

• 21 Replies
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

not to burst the op's bubble... but you might find that xat.com is a better chat/player site. I hang around w/ the GhostsofExitPath occasionally and we've had ~10-15 people on there during normal days easy... and some of the larger rooms (for other groups of people) that I've held witness to have had 50-100 people on there.

xat.com is the normal site. you have to make your own extension (chat room) which the main owner then gives owner powers, mod powers, membership (u can make it to where only members can view if you so choose)... you can even make someone equivalent to you (main owner) thus the hierarchy goes like this

main owner > owner > moderator > member > guest

the site is free (you can pay for extras if you want, but i see no need

now... you don't upload to the site.. you just embed a youtube video (up to three viewable) and you can broad cast it to everyone or they can click it at their leisure or not if they just want to chat. the thing is.. you can click a button that denies broadcasting so that no-one can screw up the song for you but you. only members and up can post videos...

for those of you who've seen "Counting Time" you know of xat already. sometimes xat gets touchy/glitchy w/ the copy pasta'ing of the youtube links but for those willing to persevere you'll get it working when it has its fits. if you're limited by the 5 people and would like to alleviate it then I think a xat chat would do nicely...

if the mumu thing lets you do peer to peer sharing then its got a 1 up on xat... but if you're wanting a larger gathering place (i know... >_> i'm redundant) then xat helps

NontroppO
NontroppO
366 posts
Nomad

I gonna check almost every day [EST] GMT - 5 (8 pm)

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

This seems more legit for music then xat.com

I had one of them and its more useful for chat but its music retardent.

I have an ide also. We should have an official DJ or MC >>

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

unless you have bad internets or the youtube video is set to keep you from embedding it then you can get it to play.... I play music all the time on the xat chat I frequent. maybe mumu just has better quality

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

Yes Sonata, I know xat. I admit that it's better in the aspect of room capacity, but Mumu is better for listening to music for me. That may be because my internet is terrible xP. The sound quality is also better than most youtube vids.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

im in

Showing 16-21 of 21